No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Four Epic Rounds Elevate Usyk-Fury to Legendary Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Four Epic Rounds Elevate Usyk-Fury to Legendary Status

As turning points go in the annals of boxing history, what Oleksandr Usyk did in altering the direction of his undisputed heavyweight title fight against Tyson Fury was something to behold.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now how you gonna forget how to throw the cross lol.

All jester's truth aside & although it was a good fight, the lack of dynamic violence kinda disappointed me but my word did Usyk ever do exactly what he should have in the circumstances.​

Comment

Hard to argue the courage of both men.

Unifying 2 divisions is amazing. And while we all can agree this HW era is not great, do not sleep on how stacked the CW division was when Usyk ruled it. This fight was close, but this is Usyk at his pinnacle and he deserves to take some time and enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony
        That was such an epic turn-around and I loved it. But I will say that Fury really impressed me too by how he controlled Usyk for much of that fight. A rematch will be interesting and probably very difficult for Usyk. I think Fury can beat him but we shall see. It was such an amazing fight. My hat's off to both guys.
        True this i was surprised how he made it easy to box usyk i thought it’d be kronk style leaning on him technique he’d put on , but oh well he lost focused, got careless and played too much, kept lowering his guard and paid the price for it and almost got KTFO.

He let this one slipped for sure imo. I hope he has it in him to avenge this loss. But he better be more discplined next time and stop fooling around. That ish gets you KOed

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony

He can win the rematch but he has to be more defensively disciplined. He's lucky to get through the ninth round. He must have more focus in the rematch, but honestly, I think he can win it and I kind of hope he does. We'd make another great heavyweight trilogy. Both guys deserve tons of respect, though. That should be in everyone's top ten heavyweight fights of all time. Pure gold. And here's Fury in another one, after his third fight with Wilder. Legendary.
          True mate. Glad we witnessed it. No hate for either fighter they both came to fight and gave us a show. But fury is my personal favorite and sad it didn’t go his way. It’ll take a some time before he can avenge it — a lot hangs in the balance on if he wants to or if he thinks he can moving forward.

As a fan I was actually contented that he didn’t get KTFO. During the 9th i was like “just survive this fight” never mind winning lol

but surely we agreed that he let this one slip. And plenty of things he really could’ve done better out there, especially not playing around and staying focused.

cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post
            Now how you gonna forget how to throw the cross lol.

All jester's truth aside & although it was a good fight, the lack of dynamic violence kinda disappointed me but my word did Usyk ever do exactly what he should have in the circumstances.​
            I haven't seen t the whole fight yet (nah, didn't pay for it, I'm on a tight budget, what can I say) but I have seen a clip of the beat-down sequence in the ninth round. Good lord, Fury's head looked like a speedbag. He could sell that video to Everlast for a commercial. All I'm saying is there was a $nit-ton of dynamic violence in that one moment courtesy of Usyk's head shots and Fury's bobblehead impersonation. And if not for the ropes, Fury would have been ass-on-canvas.

Comment

Great fight , a tribute to both of these amazing warriors,
              they need a very long rest !

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

I haven't seen t the whole fight yet (nah, didn't pay for it, I'm on a tight budget, what can I say) but I have seen a clip of the beat-down sequence in the ninth round. Good lord, Fury's head looked like a speedbag. He could sell that video to Everlast for a commercial. All I'm saying is there was a $nit-ton of dynamic violence in that one moment courtesy of Usyk's head shots and Fury's bobblehead impersonation. And if not for the ropes, Fury would have been ass-on-canvas.
                You're certainly correct about absolutely all of that but yeah, I meant sustained & intense two-way traffic fr

Big up Cacace & Cordina as well as Opetaia & Breidis on that front.​
                Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X