Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usyk grabbed that fight from the jaws of hell.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usyk grabbed that fight from the jaws of hell.

There was a point in the fight where it started to feel like Fury might just be too big for Usyk and this was a test too far for him. Usyk looked frustrated even at times and was missing shots.

But he kept grinding and kept up the pace and even had the bigger man out on his feet at one point.

What a fighter, what a man.

I was going to make a similar thread, he wanted it more, that was the difference

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77
      Fury didn't take him seriously. I see it a serious cognitive issue with him tonight. No inspiration. Terrible defensive awareness.
      Same excuse, different fight.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77
        Fury didn't take him seriously. I see it a serious cognitive issue with him tonight. No inspiration. Terrible defensive awareness.
        Of course he took it seriously. Best shape he's been in for years. Kept disciplined and didn't just try to go through Usyk like he does when he disrespects someone.

He just wasn't good enough today.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous

I perceived him as taking Usyk extremely seriously throughout and I thought he performed very well. It was one of Fury's best fights imo.
          Looked great until he got caught. Only question is if tactically they got it wrong by not stepping to Usyk and at least tying him up more when he was sucking air.

If Fury wasn't in superb shape he'd have been gone after that big shot.

Comment

Fury gained lots of momentum. Usyk reset and worked him out again. That's IQ. He never loses discipline. Usyk had one cut. Fury's face told the other story. He got lazy or gassed out and paid for it.

Comment

for a while fury was putting it on usyk, i never seen someone land that much on Usyk and the body attack was smart and hurting usyk. usyk was even breathing heavy at the end of the round but he got a second wind and tyson gassed.

tyson nose was bleeding from the early rounds he was always pawing at it and when he rinsed his mouth in the early rounds you could see the water in the bucket was pink from blood dripping down his throat into his mouth.

Comment

The nose shot changed the whole fight. What an amazing heavyweight fight. Fury looked as good as he’s looked in a long time. Usyk all heart and relentless. 115-112 Usyk in my card.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Looked great until he got caught. Only question is if tactically they got it wrong by not stepping to Usyk and at least tying him up more when he was sucking air.

If Fury wasn't in superb shape he'd have been gone after that big shot.

it surprised me that fury decided to box with usyk on the outside and he did better than i expected and was landing a lot but he was also moving around a ton in the early rounds using a lot of energy which is a bad idea when usyk has the best stamina in the division. fury def gassed. and fury got rocked while he was gassed, those same shots he could have ate when he was fresh.

they may need to rethink their strategy and step forward to usyk next fight., also tyson abandoned the body attack after it was really successful i have no idea why unless he was just tired.

Comment

He wanted it more, he was better prepared and Fury gassed.
                    Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 05-18-2024, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X