Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Wins Undisputed Heavyweight Title Via Split Decision Victory Over Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Casualfanboy View Post
    Fury now has the opportunity to avenge a loss. Which all great champions have done.
    You're right but I honestly don't see him getting any better at this stage in his career. What can he do differently? He was more prepared than he's ever been, even making Usyk go through multiple camps for one fight that was postponed because of his "cut in sparring". Personally I think it was nothing but a stall tactic because they knew Fury wasn't ready.
    Even after all that, Fury still lost fair and square and got hurt bad by the "gappy toothed middle weight biatch."
    He had great boxing minds in his corner in Sugar Hill and Andy Lee. Fury's resistance has also taken a hit in the last couple of years. My guess is Usyk ends him if they rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by aAgger View Post
      All you've exposed is that you're an illiterate who can't read... So shut up and go back to school, fangirl.
      lol go away the sport of boxing don't need people like you

Comment

• Originally posted by Honest View Post
        I heard that IBF intends to strip usyk of this belt in a fortnight, making way for their 'mandatory' hrgovič. Versus dubois, no less!!!! And I think this is the utter shame of boxing: yet another backdoor 'champion'. The sweetest irony will be to see dubois crowned as IBF 'champion'. I, humbly, ask you, fellow boxing fans around the world, to start a petition to relegate the IBF to the 'mickey mouse' status. Just like the ibo. Utter shame...
        IBF was fair. They decided to postpone mandatory fight for IBF title due to unification fight in order to have undisputed champion. They postpone it for over a year. Usyk knew that, Fury knew that and they agreed to have rematch knowing that IBF Will strip winner if they do so. If they wanted to keep IBF title they would not agree on rematch and they would decide to defend IBF title.

My question is should all other fighters wait for next 1 year for chance to have mandatory fight?
        Last edited by James; 05-21-2024, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          Cong**** to Usyk, I think the decision was fine. I had it around 6 rounds each with the 10-8 being the deciding factor. I can also find 7 rounds for Fury and see how one judge got Fury by a point. It was one of then kind of fights. Nobody could cry robbery either way, people will remember the 9th round but Fury won a lot of the early and middle rounds.
          It was a good fight with good skill level from both fighters. They both showed real quality at times.

I think Usyk wins the rematch though, not because of this result of this one because i feel that's probably the last good performance Fury has in him at this level but who knows. Maybe Fury from 2020 doesn't let him get back into it after those middle rounds but it's not 2020 anymore so we'll never know.

Good to have an undisputed. Fair play to both fighters for putting it on the line. There's also plenty of good fights to be made in the division.

Told ya Fury wouldn't smash Usyk

Comment

Working...
          X