Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juanma Lopez's last performance really beffudles me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lopez is overrated, I have always thought this, and am guilty of doing it myself.

Comment

I wanna see JuanMa-Poonsawat.

He comes stronger than Mtagwa and hits harder.

JuanMa needs to belly up to the bar if he wants to get his shine back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
        people are crazy.

the guy blows out people in the 1st round and he's fighting no one.

now they're hyping up some guy who is not much better than the guys juanma blew out in 1.

everybody has off nights. these things happened. the point is juanma never quit and he still got the w.

i wouldn't be surprised if he knocks mtagwa out if they ever rematch.
        Mtagwa might actually be worse than some of those people but what he has is world class strength, durability and stamina. He has displayed that over and over throughout his career. What he doesn't have is anything resembling boxing skill, he is so easy to outbox that even Billy Dib managed to do it.

In my opinion Lopez should give him a rematch and try to improve on what he did wrong in the first fight. If he can't, it's clear that he is not on the level that he was supposed to have been.
        Last edited by TheGreatA; 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Mtagwa might actually be worse than some of those people but what he has is world class strength, durability and stamina. He has displayed that over and over throughout his career. What he doesn't have are anything resembling boxing skill, he is so easy to outbox that even Billy Dib managed to do it.

In my opinion Lopez should give him a rematch and try to improve on what he did wrong in the first fight. If he can't, it's clear that he is not on the level that he was supposed to have been.
          Juanma can not avoit right hands. That is his problem , and Mtwaga exposed it.

Comment

He showed heart and it was more than three years since he went 12 full. However, this is good for him and is a good wake up call. He will only become a better boxer out of this. The plus side is that we were all expecting a boring easy fight and ended up with a potential foty

Comment

Maybe it had to do something with his wraps??

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
                Maybe it had to do something with his wraps??
                good thing he didnt end up like tito in hopkins fight

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  It's a real problem if he can't because Mtagwa's right hands can be seen coming from a mile away.

A lot of Lopez's opponents have folded to be honest, he finally had someone in front of him who did not fold. I've seen Mtagwa fight for years now and he is one tough guy, although I did expect Lopez to stop him early. I thought he would just be too crude but I over-estimated Lopez's boxing skills and smarts.

I was quite surprised to see Lopez miss a lot, even though he landed a lot too.

Comment

I dont know what to think , I'd like to think he had a bad night and Mtagwa came in very prepared and had a good fight cuz I appreciate Lopez , but he better start looking for a big opponent to make a statement , because what ever the case was his reputation, respect and his fan base is on the line. Since Ponce de leon , which i think was a very descent pretty good fighter , he has just fought bums , with the exeption of penalosa but I also had my doubts about penalosa giving any challenge to Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      lopez is a southpaw. duh.

there's a reason you throw rights a lot against southpaws.

Comment

Working...
                      X