No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adaptable Fury 'Edges' Usyk In Every Department

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adaptable Fury 'Edges' Usyk In Every Department

RIYADH - One of Oleksandr Usyk's sparring partners believes that the Ukrainian will struggle to have "a massive say" in his fight on Saturday with Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No one seems to be mentioning the big cut Fury suffered in sparring recently, it's the same massive cut he suffered against Wallin years ago, that scar tissue is going to be a weak point and I'm convinced Usyk will be targeting it all night.

Comment

Fury is a heck of a fighter, special at that size.

But, talking about other tall, big sized heavyweights of the past. Do you really think he could beat a prime Lennox Lewis or Rid**** Bowe?

I don't think so. Those are higher level fighters.

For this fight, it's intriguing indeed. Fury has the physical advantages, and Usyk is the more cerebral boxer.

I wouldn't want to bet on this fight, because I really don't think there's a strong favourite. If I had to lean one way, maybe slightly to Usyk.
      ​​​​
      Last edited by Liondw; 05-18-2024, 04:44 AM.

Comment

"Adaptable Fury 'Edges' Usyk In Every Department"

What about boxing record? I see Uysk trying to fight everyone and Fury almost never fighting anyone good. It took that knockdown against Dubois for Fury to even get in the ring with Uysk. Before that he was running like crazy.

When was the last half-decent boxer Fury fought (not brawler)? You have to go back to Wallin and he wasn't elite. And Fury struggled with him.

Fury just hasn't had to keep his skills sharp and that showed against Ngannou.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Fury is a heck of a fighter, special at that size.

But, talking about other tall, big sized heavyweights of the past. Do you really think he could beat a prime Lennox Lewis or Rid**** Bowe?

I don't think so. Those are higher level fighters.

For this fight, it's intriguing indeed. Fury has the physical advantages, and Usyk is the more cerebral boxer.

I wouldn't want to bet on this fight, because I really don't think there's a strong favourite. If I had to lean one way, maybe slightly to Usyk.
          ​​​​
          The bookies are giving away free money on this fight , usyk is a slight underdog, fury is cashing out, U will the useless fraud for who he is tonight , maybe after tonight U will see him go back to fighting tomato cans and get paid doing so

Comment

It seems that all UK "journalists" are shoved up Fury's arse.
            Have some dignity and at least try to act professionally.

Btw, this is the second article about Thompson licking Fury's arse. Copy/paste?

Comment

More laughable rubbish from a Fury sycophant!!

Keeping emotion out of the conversation and looking at cold hard facts, Usyk is way more skilled than fury. He has better footwork, better ring generalship, better punch selection, better balance, is arguably faster, does a way better job keeping his head off of the centre line.

If Usyk brought the same skill set and had the same dimensions as Fury this wouldn’t even be up for debate, he’d give him a pasting.

Fury is a skilled fighter.​​​​……FOR HIS SIZE! But who has Fury really beat? An ancient Klitschko nearly nine years ago, Wilder who literally can’t box (negate the right hand……which any good boxer should be able to do and he has nothing!). His resume is poorer than Usyks.

The questions are:-

​​​​​​- does Fury’s size and good boxing skills negate Usyks better boxing skills?
              - is Fury going to be able to catch Usyk who is going to be in constant motion?
              - Fury has a good engine but he likes to fight as his own pace. Will Usyks constant movement/angles wear him out in the latter rounds.
              - will Fury's facial scar tissue hold up (Wallin tore his right eye up and it was only in February he got tore up again in training). What happens if gets ripped open early?
              - what plan does Usyk have if Fury starts using his size to tire him out?
              - does Usyk have sufficient power to keep Fury sweet?

I’ve flip flopped on who’ll win this, I hope Usyk (I used to like Fury but I just think the guys a con man).

May the best man win!!

Comment

Whomever wrote this article knows nothing about boxing anyone who says that Tyson Fury is better at every article at boxing then Alexander Usyk has extreme bias or just doesn't know anything...

Comment

It's 50/50, but Fury edges him in every department?

OK...

Comment

All Fury has over Usyk is size and a bag full of dirty tricks. He's not on Usyk's level.

I expect a boxing clinic from Usyk. He will expose Fury and stop him in the later rounds.​

Comment

Working...
                    X