Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Finds No Flaws in Either Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Finds No Flaws in Either Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk

[Click Here To Read More]

Both have got flaws but Shawn Porter was the definition of a face first plodder do I don't put much stock in his style analysis.
    w1cked w1cked likes this.

Comment

This is a non-story. There’s not even a quote from Porter in this article haha
      w1cked w1cked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
        This is a non-story. There’s not even a quote from Porter in this article haha
        It’s in the video embedded in the article my G.

Comment

All fighters have flaws.

Fury has plenty, i.e he can often come over the front foot and be hit when he's on the attack. He also fights to the level of his opposition, so if he has no fear factor, you get a mediocre performance. He can also get complacent in the ring when he thinks you're in trouble, we saw in Wilder III, he uncharacteristically just started walking towards Wilder flat footed and got caught. He would usually come in behind a jab or still with some weight on the back foot to spring back out.

Usyk has flaws too, his defence isn't quite as great as people say. He was getting caught with flush shots vs Chisora, Bellew, Briedis (which was a fight that many had a draw or a point either way) and also caught with shots in many other fights. Sometimes his side to side movement is pure habit rather than completely tuned to what punches are coming and sometime he moves into punches if you time it. Watch the 2nd or 3rd round onwards in the Chisora fight, Chisora landed some flush right hands because Usyk was just moving side to side for the sake of it. Briedis landed most of the better shots in their fight for the same reason. AJ kind of sussed it out in their second fight but it wasn't enough, but he realised you can time the sometimes exaggerated side to side movement.

He's there to be hit if you let your hands go. He's not quite the defensive wizard people think. He can also be caught if you make him try to enter mid range from too far out and time him.

No fighter is perfect

Comment

Their joking right! all fighters have flaws, it just take a special person to expose them! Hell, Fury has been dropped how many times? Usyk doesn't like it to the body but he's a great low blow actor right their with Denzel. GTHOH all fighters have flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
              Both have got flaws but Shawn Porter was the definition of a face first plodder do I don't put much stock in his style analysis.
              What's crazy is Shawn Porter actually beat Usyk in the amateurs. haha

Comment

Working...
              X