Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight History Dictates That Fury-Usyk Won't Live Up To The Hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Heavyweight History Dictates That Fury-Usyk Won't Live Up To The Hype

Though we've all rightly bemoaned the amount of time it's taken to get here while blaming the multiple sanctioning bodies, the promoters, the broadcasters and even the various fighters involved for the delay, the truth is that contests as ginormous as Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk have always been something of a rarity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Nothing. He's good at talking. For me, it doesn't matter. It doesn't work for me,” said Usyk. “For me, the [Francis] Ngannou performance doesn't matter because Tyson will be different with me. Maybe Fury is easier than Joshua for me, maybe not. We'll see.​"
    This is a great point made by Usyk. Styles make fights. Joshua found Wallin easy. Fury struggled. Joshua went life and death with Whyte. Fury won relatively easy. Joshua walked through Ngannou. Fury hit the canvas etc etc.

I think Fury will be harder than AJ just because he will lean on Usyk and grab him more. Whereas AJ was just trying and failing to out-box Uysk all the time. Also you never know - Fury might find Usyk easy!

Worth remembering too that Joshua is a large guy and no walk in the park and Usyk in some ways won comfortably.

At the moment I still pick Usyk to win but I see it as pretty much a 50/50 fight. Probably will be a snoozefest too

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

This is a great point made by Usyk. Styles make fights. Joshua found Wallin easy. Fury struggled. Joshua went life and death with Whyte. Fury won relatively easy. Joshua walked through Ngannou. Fury hit the canvas etc etc.

I think Fury will be harder than AJ just because he will lean on Usyk and grab him more. Whereas AJ was just trying and failing to out-box Uysk all the time. Also you never know - Fury might find Usyk easy!

Worth remembering too that Joshua is a large guy and no walk in the park and Usyk in some ways won comfortably.

At the moment I still pick Usyk to win but I see it as pretty much a 50/50 fight. Probably will be a snoozefest too
      Hey Roberto
      I totally agree with all the points you made in your Post
      Lets hope it isn't grab & hold /Snooze Fest Fight
      I just want the Usyk "Cruiserweight Boxer" that moved up to Heavy Weight to prove to the world than he can be the 2024 undisputed HW Champ

Comment

I've been saying this for as long as this fight was made and I will say it again: This fight will be as or more boring that Fury vs Wlad. I do not want it to be boring, in fact I would love this to be fight of the year, but it is not happening. Here is why:

1) Both fighters do not really have KO power. They are more accuracy driven which builds up over time leading to a KO. See Fury Wilder or Usyk DDD.
        2) Fury is going to lean on Usyk or try to. I can see a lot of clinching happening because of this. I think it depends on the ring size (It looks small to me)
        3) Fury is surely going for the body. So expect in the clinching, to have Fury digging shots or trying to dig shots in. That means lots of holding/leaning etc

I have it going 12 and I have it a draw. 116-112 Fury 115-113 Usyk 114-114.

Comment

One great thing about boxing is that we can think that this , that , or the other is going to happen, but you never know until the fight happens. Sometimes fights don't live up to the hype , other times they wildly exceed expectations. Hopefully this one will be a case of the latter.

Comment

Someone's getting knocked out in this one. Violently & excitingly.

Comment

What hype?

Comment

I think generally fight fans are not that bothered whether there is one known undisputed champion as long as the best fight the best.

A very difficult thing to do over the last ten to fifteen years or so, but Turki is definitely making things happen.

The issue of 'sportwashing' is a whole other topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  I think generally fight fans are not that bothered whether there is one known undisputed champion as long as the best fight the best.

A very difficult thing to do over the last ten to fifteen years or so, but Turki is definitely making things happen.

The issue of 'sportwashing' is a whole other topic.
                  I love what Turki is doing.

The whole sports washing thing is weak. American companies did business with Hitler while at war. No one can say s***.

Comment

I’d be surprised if it’s an actual good fight ,that means Fury actually has to try and win which could make for some good exchanges but I’m assuming his ultimate goal is to make a very sloppy fight make it to 12 rounds and the judges will definitely give him this fight as long as he can make it easy for his judges to it just by making it lack luster .

If Fury actually tries to fight a legit boxing match he won’t win at least outside the scorecards . Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X