Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sparring Partner For Usyk Reveals What Makes Heavyweight Champion 'Very Special'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sparring Partner For Usyk Reveals What Makes Heavyweight Champion 'Very Special'

Jordan Thompson revisited the "experience of a lifetime" sparring Oleksandr Usyk when he was a young professional in the first years of his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very special or very feel?

Comment

Did this guy spar with fury too? Then he might say fury was better?

Comment

Being relaxed in the ring is to be honest something both guys have on Saturday night

James Toney said that he could go 15 rounds as an overweight cigar smoker and outlast much better athletes because his heart rate in the ring was the same as it would be strolling in the park, because he was always calm.

It's something AJ lacks and it's what costs him at the highest level, he's tense and over thinks things, his heart is going a million beats a minute, always has and it's why despite phenomenal talent he's not on the level of these two.

It'll be interesting to see the clash of styles because I can't see either of these two getting stressed out or panicked in there and it could actually result in a very dull match
        Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 05-16-2024, 06:48 AM.
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
          Being relaxed in the ring is to be honest something both guys have on Saturday night

James Toney said that he could go 15 rounds as an overweight cigar smoker and outlast much better athletes because his heart rate in the ring was the same as it would be strolling in the park, because he was always calm.

It's something AJ lacks and it's what costs him at the highest level, he's tense and over thinks things, his heart is going a million beats a minute, always has and it's why despite phenomenal talent he's not on the level of these two.

It'll be interesting to see the clash of styles because I can't see either of these two getting stressed out or panicked in there and it could actually result in a very dull match
          Fury’s only fought guys he knew beforehand that could beat easily, that's why making those fights weren't problematic. After the boring hugfest vs Wlad he ran from the agreed rematch. Besides, he popped PEDS after that fight. So, this is the very first time he's facing an elite fighter. And a $10M penalty is needed to stop him running from the Usyk fight. He's certainly under pressure now and we will see how he react when Usyk starts playing with him.

Comment

Agreed. Plus you use up so much energy being nervous. Usyk does always look chilled. I don't think you can teach something like that.
            Last edited by Boxing56; 05-16-2024, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Good take. Do you remember where I can find the video with him saying that? Never heard of it before

Comment

I don't give a dammmm what Usyk fans are saying nothing will be easy with Fury, he's big and talented plus If people don't realize how hurt Usyk was to those body shots that Dubois hit him with and he faked a low blow. All camp I would have been preparing to destroy his body it's a fact he doesn't take it well nor like it there.

Comment

"murderous invasion" I'm done

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                    I don't give a dammmm what Usyk fans are saying nothing will be easy with Fury, he's big and talented plus If people don't realize how hurt Usyk was to those body shots that Dubois hit him with and he faked a low blow. All camp I would have been preparing to destroy his body it's a fact he doesn't take it well nor like it there.

With respect, I understand that the Dubois thing looked dodgy but anyone who watched the Gassiev fight knows that Usyk has previously been sustainedly battered to the body by a legit killer & not flinched once.

Comment

Working...
                    X