No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Talk: Breaking Down Fury vs. Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer Talk: Breaking Down Fury vs. Usyk

Ahead of the undisputed heavyweight title fight in Riyadh on Saturday night between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk, BoxingScene spoke to three leading trainers - Teddy Atlas, Shane McGuigan and Robert Garcia - to talk about how the fight could be won and lost.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"...how many people has Fury dropped to the body?"

Deontay Wilder.
    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

No one really mentioned it, but Fury will surely shift between stances to throw Usyk off.

Comment

I am certain these guys know so much more than I do, but I struggle to see Usyk winning this.
        The first reason for me is that since joining up with SugarHill, fury's power punches are completely different in many ways. They now have some thunder behind them. Obviously that didn't do him good agains Cinderblock MMA man, but the point remains.
        The second is how he always talks about "if the shot presents instelf". I don't think there is any affectation involved in him saying that. I think he sees the shots and takes them. Usyk is not magic - he can be hit here and there.
        I see Fury being rough, pushing the rules, throwing some thunder, moving his feet when needed, switching stances, etc. I think Usyk does a great job with it, but I think it ultimately catches him.
        I expect some fouls by Fury and some controversy!

Comment

I expect to be slated for this but now leaning towards this fight playing out like Crawford vs Spence, with Usyk being Crawford. Only thing missing will be stoppage.

Ready to be mocked everywhere afterwards lmao

Comment

I think it will be an interesting fight and go one of two ways:
            1. Fury comes in blazing and manhandling Usyk early to make him less effective technically. Fury then goes on to win the rounds over Usyk who will be avoiding much contact or even knocks Usyk out.
            2. Fury is cautious and Usyk starts having some success in the early rounds over a bemused Fury. However, Fury quickly adjusts and tries newer things until he starts catching Usyk. As soon as Usyk moves laterally, Fury switches stance to nullify Usyk's advantage.
            Option 1 favors Fury more than Option 2 because while both have good engines, Usyk won't be the one to get tired earlier. Chisora was also chasing Usyk but was less skilled, unable to pin him down, and got exhausted in the process while Usyk was on the run because he wanted to avoid the body shots and a possible Chisora swing. Fury is more skilled and won't let Usyk get away. If Fury goes with option 2, it could go either way to a decision because Fury will be less likely to manhandle Usyk later when Usyk is well settled and Fury starts tiring.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
              I expect to be slated for this but now leaning towards this fight playing out like Crawford vs Spence, with Usyk being Crawford. Only thing missing will be stoppage.

You won’t be mocked much, Usyk v Fury is 50/50 split.

I definitely will not be mocking you. The moment Usyk entered HW I said Usyk will beat AJ and Fury. I was mocked hard in the beginning not so much now.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

That's how i am expecting it to go as well. Usyk is going to give Fury a boxing clinic and might even stop him in the late rounds.

This is the very first time Fury's fighting an elite boxer is his prime.
                Last edited by Boxviewer; 05-15-2024, 07:37 AM.

Comment

That was interesting to read their thoughts on the fight. Got me rethinking how this fight might go.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

You won’t be mocked much, Usyk v Fury is 50/50 split.

I definitely will not be mocking you. The moment Usyk entered HW I said Usyk will beat AJ and Fury. I was mocked hard in the beginning not so much now.
                    i said he’d clean division out as well back in 2018
                    IAMTHAT IAMTHAT likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X