Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Is 'Delighted' That His 25-Year Reign Is About To End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Is 'Delighted' That His 25-Year Reign Is About To End

Lennox Lewis is widely regarded as the last undisputed heavyweight champion by virtue of beating Evander Holyfield in 1999. It's certainly true if one applies the dictionary definition to 'undisputed' - nobody disputed that Lewis was the best, after all.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Omg u r dumb
    He was a great champion

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69
      From an overrated boxer to a terrible commentator.
      “oVeRrAtEd BoXeR” Just when I thought you couldn’t say anything dumber.

Comment

Prob greatest heavy ever.

Until this recent crop. I think Lennox vs Tyson Firy would be 50/50. Maybe give a tiny edge to lennox

Comment

No, he is not.

Comment

I would like to correct a misconception by the writer of this article. The WBO being not legitimate by 1999 is not true although it sort of is. For example Oscar De La Hoya won the Junior Lightweight WBO title back in 1993 and is considered one of his six divisional titles. Without that belt Oscar would be considered and announced as a five division title holder. It was considered a legitimate title even back then but what the writer gets right is for some reason it wasn't for heavyweight. If you and the WBC, WBA, and IBF you were the undisputed champion. It's quite annoying and frustrating of a topic. The concept of having co-champions is asinine AF in general. A champion is defined as being the best with no equal at whatever you're being named champion in and the notion I can have "co-bests" is counterintuitive. Our sport absolutely needs to get rid of this BS. It's just annoying for us imagine the fighters having to pay 3% fees of your purse (12%) for undisputed fights and it's turning into highway robbery. The organization really needs to be nonprofit to be fair. We need to go to one single champ per division and get rid of half the divisions and go back to the original eight and maybe keep cruiser and strawweight. We can't be having guys weighing 180 lbs fighting super heavyweights. But there are exactly 68 boxing champions right now and that's not counting "WBA Regular" and "Diamond" belts. Imagine only having 10 champs in all of boxing.
            Last edited by vitruvian; 05-13-2024, 04:41 AM.

Comment

If you're trolling then you're the most ****** troll I have ever come across on internet. Or you are just plain ****** and clueless of the history of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Until this recent crop. I think Lennox vs Tyson Firy would be 50/50. Maybe give a tiny edge to lennox
                I like Lennox Lewis, but the fact that he got knocked out cold twice by average competition can't be overlooked. Yes, he avenged them, but it doesn't erase them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

The best version of Lennox Lewis destroys the best version of Tyson Fury. Uysk is going to further push Fury down the HW ATG ranks next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

I like Lennox Lewis, but the fact that he got knocked out cold twice by average competition can't be overlooked. Yes, he avenged them, but it doesn't erase them.
                    That's true, but all it takes is one clean shot in the HW division to put the best in the world to sleep. I think you have to take the full body of work (primarily the competition faced and defeated) into consideration when ranking the best of all time.

Comment

Working...
                    X