Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Promises Superstar Performance on July 6, Rips Detractors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Boxing is replete with emotionally incontinent social media addicts.
    "Emotionally incontinent." I'm going to borrow that. Tell it like it is.
    dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post

Talented?? He´s atheltic and has good coordination, that´s it. Most African people have that. He lacks a warrior mentality, grit, guts, chin, power, excitement, which Latin boxers have.
      Just curious. Seems like all the best things are taken in your post. Do white boxers get anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
        ———
        I’m not criticizing Ray. Just pointing out that if we are going to criticize Shakur for getting in his bike, let’s do the same for Ray who was on his bike when he rematched Duran. He did the same when he moved up in weight.
        Ray was a boxer puncher. He wasn't a safety first fighter. He was looking to knock you out all the time.

Comment

Guy thinks he's still in the amateurs.. Zero pop in those punches

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post

Ray was a boxer puncher. He wasn't a safety first fighter. He was looking to knock you out all the time.
            ——-
            Thats fine but he did get on his bike. Many times.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

I already told you what I mean, he’s black, he has that automatic pass that excludes him from criticism for fighting bums this late in his career. Look at Munguia, same age as Shakira, was getting sh.it on by everyone by the age of 23/24 for not having fought anyone. That black privilege is going to get him far by doing the least possible, see Andrade and Stank.
              I don't give a fck what color you are...you're a phagot fck
              Last edited by Toprope; 05-15-2024, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Didn't he promise something similar vs De Los Santos? DLS called him "Shakira Tweeterson" and I seem to recall Shakur was going to "**** him up". Apparently what that meant was break the record for fewest punches thrown in a championship fight, previously held by Rigo v Casimero.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloDerek View Post

Stay busy fight???? Huh..How can that even be a thought after that last dud? He had the chance to fight a contender but turned it down to fight a stiff.. This fight tells you all you need to know about him. He talked about Frank Martin like a dog but he’s fighting the guy Martin already beat..
                  I'm not defending Shakira, he's hella boring, I'm just telling you what it is. A lot of these guys do that, take stay busy fights, make some decent cash until a bigger opportunity arises.

And word was Martin was the one who turned down the fight so make that what you will.

Comment

You know how the sweet science is hit and don't get hit

Stevenson is don't hit and don't get hit.

Comment

Working...
                    X