Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter Bob Arum Salutes Brilliant Vasiliy Lomachenko as One of Boxing's All-Time Greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO Loma is an ATG in terms of skill, he’d be competitive with any 126 and maybe 130 pounder in any era, too small for 135 for the likes of Duran, De La Hoya, Sweet Pea, Arguello etc. His resume like many modern greats is somewhat lacking, activity in contemporary boxing is rather poor and due to that, depth of quality pales in comparison to boxers of the past. Historically he would’ve been held in higher regard if he’d have clinched those 2 controversial losses. Unfortunately boxing fans have a short memory and context surrounding a fight is usually lost over the decades. It’s not a stretch that many Loma detractors have racial biases. When he retires another star that helped to illuminate the sport will be lost…
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
      Another great white hope, who has beaten absolutely nobody with 3 losses versus guys who have been all knocked out or defeated. lost to Salido, a journeyman bum from Mexico who Loma said would be ''easy'' in his 2nd fight. Lost to Teofima in a fair fight, who then got his head bashed in by Kambosos. Who haney then defeated easily, then Haney proceeded to get destroyed by Garcia. Loma is another great white hope by these racist white boxing fans who are losing in real life and live vicariously through white fighters while hating on Mexicans/Blacks & any other ethnic group.

Loma's country is getting blasted by Russians while him and Usyk avoid fighting and stick to bum bashing. All I know is that if America was attacked, I wouldn't be boxing, I would be on the front lines blasting!
      Quite possibly the ******est pile of crap written on the Internet today. If this is how you see life , you must be really miserable, get help. I don't care about anyones skin color or where they're from. If you can fight , you can fight , and Lomachenko is a great fighter.

Comment

great fighter with a pretty good resume, he gets alot of credit for fighting some good fighters as well but overall he started too late but he has atg talent. hopefully we see him vs tank
        Last edited by uppercut510; 05-13-2024, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

No chance he beats shakur shakur is like a younger him
          Shakur’s punches don’t hurt. That’s Loma’s biggest caution. I know that Haney’s punches are also not powerful, but I would assume Loma would move more aggressively sooner than agaibst Shakur

Comment

Loma has 3 losses in like 20 fights. I love his style but stop with the all time great talk

he lost to Teofimo, Haney and Salido lol. None of them are special fighters

Comment

Working...
            X