Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter Bob Arum Salutes Brilliant Vasiliy Lomachenko as One of Boxing's All-Time Greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Promoter Bob Arum Salutes Brilliant Vasiliy Lomachenko as One of Boxing's All-Time Greats

Promoter Bob Arum heralded Vasiliy Lomachenko as one of the all-time greats following his 11th-round stoppage win over George Kambosos Jr. in Australia on Sunday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think the biggest mistake of Loma's career was not fighting Manny Pacquiao back in 2019! Manny had just beaten Matthysse, and was willing to fight Loma at a catch-weight! People thought Pacquiao was too old, but he went on to beat Broner and Thurman! That would have been a great name for his resume, had he won! Now he's 18-3! If he gets into the HOF, a lot of votes will be because of his accomplishments in the amateurs!
    Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

bob he just beat rambo kambo

its not that big of a deal really

good win for him on the road but thats about it really

a few days ago bob was basically saying loma was finished lol
      ralex ralex likes this.

Comment

It would be good to see a Haney rematch if like Haney says he can make the 135 limit. .... unfinished business I'd say..

Comment

Like him or not, Lomachenko is special and we will probably never see a fighter with his ability and skillset for a while, if ever. The way he moves in there is just something you don't often see. Aside from Salido and the questionable officiating and result of that fight along with his lack of pro XP, his lack of size is what was his detriment in his losses to Lopez and Haney. He still really has no business being at 135, but nobody at 126 nor 130 in his time there was worth it. All the money and big names were and still are at LW, so he did what he had to do to get paid. Wiping out Kambosos in the way that both those aformentioned names couldn't do just proved it further. Even at his age, he is still a serious problem. It's a matter of how long till Father Time starts calling his name.

Comment

Loma is great but I don't think he's in the conversation as ATG along the likes of Manny or Floyd. He's won titles but never beat any elite or great fighters just fighters that held belts who had previously been KOd. Could argue his best win was against a smaller Rigo and an unproven GR JR. Every time he loses there's always an excuse his fans come up with

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Loma is great but I don't think he's in the conversation as ATG along the likes of Manny or Floyd. He's won titles but never beat any elite or great fighters just fighters that held belts who had previously been KOd. Could argue his best win was against a smaller Rigo and an unproven GR JR. Every time he loses there's always an excuse his fans come up with
              To Me the only fighter he actually lost to was Teofimo Lopez, Salido should have been disqualified for their fight, he came over-weight and fought dirty by headbutting and giving low blows to Loma. The ref should have intervened in that match. Also Loma beat Devin Haney. Haney just got gift decision.

You said he didn't beat elite fighter but he beat Gary Russell (you saying GR is unproven is so untrue). He beat Rigo who to Me is elite and was schooling fighters at the time. He beat Nicolas Walters who was a very game fighter and Loma dispatched him easily.

He fought every necessary fighter from 126lbs - 135lbs. He never ducked any fighter. Loma is an ATG fighter. He is truly elite. Gervonta Davis refused to fight him coz he knows the result and now that he is 36yrs old, Tank seem to show some sort of interest. Let's see if Loma and Shakur fight will happen or the fight with tank or the fight with Navarette or the fight with William Zepeda happens and we will see the result.

I guess when he was in his prime the so-called elite fighters didn't want the smoke and some needed favours from the referee/judge to win.
              Last edited by Dare7; 05-12-2024, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I love it when folks are proven wrong. I would love it if Tank wanted this fight. It would prove haters wrong. Whoever won that fight would prove the other side haters wrong.
                Shakur will fight and exciting fight and Haney will knock someone out......wait - that won't happen ever. I for one never want to see either of them fight again. They ooze not exciting fight out of every pore.
                Let's see some exciting guys this year paired with other exiting guys. We can't complain this year too much if we actually see Fury vs Usyk and Beterbiev vs Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                  Like him or not, Lomachenko is special and we will probably never see a fighter with his ability and skillset for a while, if ever. The way he moves in there is just something you don't often see. Aside from Salido and the questionable officiating and result of that fight along with his lack of pro XP, his lack of size is what was his detriment in his losses to Lopez and Haney. He still really has no business being at 135, but nobody at 126 nor 130 in his time there was worth it. All the money and big names were and still are at LW, so he did what he had to do to get paid. Wiping out Kambosos in the way that both those aformentioned names couldn't do just proved it further. Even at his age, he is still a serious problem. It's a matter of how long till Father Time starts calling his name.
                  Salido ran like a b1tch when Loma offered him $500K for the rematch - only to get knocked out by Roman for tons less money which I laughed at. Salido came in at welterweight in the fight and the ref would have been kind to Salido to just deduct two points but every NON-BIASED person knows Loma one that fight. Salido should have been disqualified in that fight. If Loma had started earlier against Lopez, it is always possible he could get caught, but most likely would have won a clear decision. I Kindof thought Haney edged it or it was a draw. No one ever dominated Loma as an AM or a Pro and that's saying a lot.
                  Last edited by richardt; 05-12-2024, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Crazy how tank ducked this man for half a decade and doesnt get any BS from his fans .

Loma is a real one

Comment

Working...
                    X