Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Announcer Admits 'It's All On Me' After Error Announcing Wrong Winner In Hughes-Johnson Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Announcer Admits 'It's All On Me' After Error Announcing Wrong Winner In Hughes-Johnson Clash

Nina Hughes (6-1, 2 KOs) has called for a rematch following her controversial defeat to Cherneka Johnson (16-2, 6 KOs) in Perth, Australia, after the Brit lost her WBA world bantamweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No chit
    You had one fughin thing to do and you fughed it up
    What a joke
    Beercules Beercules BigZ44 BigZ44 like this.

Comment

Atleast the result was change. But when Refs and Judges **** up, shiat stays the same ala Tony Weeks.
      Scooby817 Scooby817 likes this.

Comment

Not the first time that something like this happens, Jacobs vs Rosado comes to mind among others.

What's really shìtty about this poor guy is his voice. He sounds like someone has stuck a cucumber up his ass before every announcement.
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 05-12-2024, 01:17 PM.

Comment

“How could they announce I had won and then change the scores? She has a point That result should stand, and at the very least they should order an immediate rematch.

Comment

He looked like he ran a carnival when I was young
            PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

The guy looked and sounded like a clown calling out scores. He got another score all jumbled up in the fight prior.

I thought the Hughes/Johnson fight was pretty close. Hughes set the pace and landed more while Johnson's punches looked crisper and harder. Wouldn't mind seeing them run it back.

Comment

Credit to him for admitting he F'ed up big time. That was one of the oddest, most baffling moments I've ever seen in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Misia View Post
                  “How could they announce I had won and then change the scores? She has a point That result should stand, and at the very least they should order an immediate rematch.

You are joking right? Because the announcer said the wrong name they should let her have the win?

Her winning was never the result, just what the ring announcer mis-spoke. The announcer has no part in making a result official, he just announces it to the crowd. Nothing he says makes it official, it was already official when the cards were given to him.

Comment

Controversial ? Aside from the clownass announcer there was nothing else even remotely controversial. It was a clear win for Cherneka Sugar Cheeks Johnson !
                    factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X