Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School Of Thought: Munguia Victory Showed Canelo's Resisting Decline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School Of Thought: Munguia Victory Showed Canelo's Resisting Decline

I'd expected Saul "Canelo" Alvarez-Jaime Munguia to be a very good fight, but what stood out above all else was the extent to which it showed how much Canelo has changed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo has always been a bit above good, he is very good. But what he has always been is a step below great. Whipped by Floyd, lost to Lara, lost to GGG, lost to Bivol. Canelo feasted on weight drained guys and old guys.

That is what most of his critics say. But the media needed a face of boxing and so they call people who see reality "haters".

Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Don’t be fooled , Canelo is in total decline
      Munguia was right there in front of him
      No need to move or chase
      Munguia should of gone balls out when he was dropped but didn’t even do that

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
        Canelo has always been a bit above good, he is very good. But what he has always been is a step below great. Whipped by Floyd, lost to Lara, lost to GGG, lost to Bivol. Canelo feasted on weight drained guys and old guys.

That is what most of his critics say. But the media needed a face of boxing and so they call people who see reality "haters".
        Hey hater. Whipped by Floyd?? He was weight drained and was never hurt by the hugging Floyd, just was not used to that Afro style of hugging and the Philly shield, Floyd did not give him a remtach. Floyd lost in my book vs Castillo, Maidana twice, Paquiao , and went the distance with a much smaller Marquez. All of them would have been KOed by Canelo. Lara is a running, hugging boring boxer who was dropped vs Angulo and who received many gift decisions because of his race and nationality and hugged Canelo like a koala to an tree. GGG never dared to move up, the supposed killer who was unable to do anything vs the much smaller Canelo. Bivol the same, never taking risks, never husrting Canelo who is naturally 3 weight classes smaller, Bivol should move to heavy weight and test the waters but he is a coward. When Canelo stops being the face of boxing there will be another Mexican to carry the torch.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post

Hey hater. Whipped by Floyd?? He was weight drained and was never hurt by the hugging Floyd, just was not used to that Afro style of hugging and the Philly shield, Floyd did not give him a remtach. Floyd lost in my book vs Castillo, Maidana twice, Paquiao , and went the distance with a much smaller Marquez. All of them would have been KOed by Canelo. Lara is a running, hugging boring boxer who was dropped vs Angulo and who received many gift decisions because of his race and nationality and hugged Canelo like a koala to an tree. GGG never dared to move up, the supposed killer who was unable to do anything vs the much smaller Canelo. Bivol the same, never taking risks, never husrting Canelo who is naturally 3 weight classes smaller, Bivol should move to heavy weight and test the waters but he is a coward. When Canelo stops being the face of boxing there will be another Mexican to carry the torch.
          Floyd fought canelo at a

Comment

As good as Canelo looked against Munguia, he is definitely showing signs of decline. He's still explosive, but seemed alot slower than usual, alot more flat-footed and stationary than usual, less active than usual(not that he was ever very active to begin with) and seems to be more content with standing in front of opponents with a high guard than using the elite head movement that he's usually had. With almost 70 fights and fighting for more than half his life, Father Time might finally be creeping up on him. As much as the world wants that Benavidez fight, with the way he's looked as of recent, it probably isn't a good idea for him to take that fight that fight at this stage of his career. But as a fan, hopefully that fight happens sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

Exactly!

Comment

We already knew that Canelo was on the decline Chris. He's picking his opponent's carefully, because he doesn't want to get Mayweathered, or Bivoled again.

Comment

Algieri got that eye. Canelo IS adapting and I love to see it. He's older in boxing age because of the number of rounds under his belt, but he's adapting. He's using his experience to help him overcome these new challenges. Not only that, but he's still far from being a shot fighter so he still has the power and skills. I'm looking forward to this next stretch of fights for Canelo.

Two fights I'd like to see him in are against Benavidez and Crawford. Benavidez because that's a no brainer. He's a mandatory and this is the super fight at 168. Crawford more so for Crawford because he would be daring to be great. I'm guessing Canelo might fight a Berlanga next while Bud gets acclimated to 154 and picks up a belt. May of 2025 will be interesting. I would still like for Crawford to take another 154 pound fight or even a 160 pound fight, before making a drastic jump to 168. The Benavidez fight should happen no later than May 2025 but it should happen in September of this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X