No announcement yet.

What’s your top 5 at 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

Might be the only valid list. Or 2 and 3 can interchange. Not completely sold with shakur yet after that stinker
    Yeah I was tempted to put Loma at #2 tbh. I just think he’s definitely lost a step in last few years. H2H I’d favour Shakur and that’s what swung it really.

Comment

Loma only struggled with fighters that put in that 20lbs weight cut and directly moved up after. If he fights against same sized fighters then I'm picking Loma above all still. Davis and Shakur will both get lopsidedly pummeled if Loma brings his A game.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah I was tempted to put Loma at #2 tbh. I just think he’s definitely lost a step in last few years. H2H I’d favour Shakur and that’s what swung it really.
        I think Shakur would be his greatest test

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Ability mainly. Rivera was a solid win and impressive performance too.
          I full expect Tank to walk through him and have hardly a glove laid on him in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg
            1. Shakur
            2. Loma
            3. Tank
            4. Zepeda
            5. Muratalla

Despite his movement being boring to watch, Stevenson has great footwork. I'd pick him to UD the rest of the division. Loma doesn't have the stamina/intensity to chase and catch him all night, or one punch power. Tank is great if you come at him and load up but Stevenson wouldn't do that. Tank would sit back too much and get outboxed, when he finally tried to chase he'd look bad doing it because it's not his natural style. Stevenson has said that Valdez hurt him to the body, and both Tank and Loma are better body punchers than Valdez. So it could go the other way but right now would pick Stevenson over the rest.

The top 3 have elite skills, the rest of the division don't. But a Mexican guy who puts on constant pressure can sometimes beat a guy like that or at least push them to their limits. So not counting out Zepeda or Muratalla, although to me they don't look top level. Not been that impressed by Martin. Keyshawn may already be top 5, but still needs some time to develop.
            As much as I think Stevenson runs, and fails to engage, this assessment is probably correct. With his cat-like reflexes and safety first style, he'd likely bore and outpoint everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
              its tank all the way for me

the kambo that loma fought tank beats, the teo that kambo fought tank beats, the loma that teo fought tank beats, the haney that garcia fought tank beats, he just beats all period, crown the little man
              and all those guys beat the tank that fought cruz, and cruz is the only decent opponent he has fough at 135 and yet..tank is the best for getting a dubious decision over him. the hype is almost palpable

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
                Loma only struggled with fighters that put in that 20lbs weight cut and directly moved up after. If he fights against same sized fighters then I'm picking Loma above all still. Davis and Shakur will both get lopsidedly pummeled if Loma brings his A game.
                did he really struggle with haney though? the judges struggled wtih their vision but that was a clear win for loma. weight didnt really matter or negatively affect loma. he was in control of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

and all those guys beat the tank that fought cruz, and cruz is the only decent opponent he has fough at 135 and yet..tank is the best for getting a dubious decision over him. the hype is almost palpable
                  but he had a sore handie in that one

Comment

I go with:

1.Gervonta Davis
                    2 Vasily Lomachenko
                    3.Shakur Stevenson
                    4.William Zepeda
                    5.Frank Martin/Raymond Muratalla/Keyshawn Davis

I think Lomachenko is more tested and skilled than Davis has shown so far, don't doubt he be able to cut the ring putting on combinations on Tank and avoid body work by the quite shorter fighter, the rankings can interchangeable.

But Davis is closer to his physical prime, had no particular losses at lightweight even if some of Loma's can be controversial and has that renown 1 punch knockout power that has made him a PPV attraction. The younger fresher fighter is bound to be the favorite at this stage.

Comment

Hard to rank Tank. He only fought Cruz and almost lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X