Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrew Moloney Loses Split Decision, Announces Immediate Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

It was that kinda fight. Guevara outlanded Moloney and landed more power shots but Moloney won the jab battle and had decent ring generalship but not enough to say he won definitively or decisively. He sounded like a whiny baby, sore loser after the fight.
    Again, these are the kinds of fights Guevara always finds himself in at the world level:
    D vs Mario Rodriguez SD 12 (future IBF strawweight champion)
    L vs John Riel Casimero SD 12 (reigning IBF light flyweight, future IBF flyweight, WBO bantamweight champion)
    W vs Raul Garcia SD 12 (former WBO strawweight champion)
    W vs Mario Rodriguez UD 12 (former IBF strawweight champion)
    W vs Akira Yaegashi KO 7 (former WBA strawweight, WBC/Ring flyweight, future IBF light flyweight champion)
    W vs Ganigan Lopez UD 12 (future WBC light flyweight champion)
    L vs Yu Kimura SD 12 (won his WBC light flyweight title against Guevara)
    W vs Oswaldo Novoa SD 8 (former WBC straiwweight champion)
    L vs Kenshiro Teraji MD 12 (reigning WBC light flyweight, future WBC/WBA/Ring light flyweight champion)
    L vs Carlos Cuadras SD 12 (former WBC super flyweight champion)​

10 fights, 6 split decisions, 1 majority decision before the Moloney fight.

I thought Guevara earned the win. Body shots are scoring blows too.
    theface07 theface07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Again, these are the kinds of fights Guevara always finds himself in at the world level:
      D vs Mario Rodriguez SD 12 (future IBF strawweight champion)
      L vs John Riel Casimero SD 12 (reigning IBF light flyweight, future IBF flyweight, WBO bantamweight champion)
      W vs Raul Garcia SD 12 (former WBO strawweight champion)
      W vs Mario Rodriguez UD 12 (former IBF strawweight champion)
      W vs Akira Yaegashi KO 7 (former WBA strawweight, WBC/Ring flyweight, future IBF light flyweight champion)
      W vs Ganigan Lopez UD 12 (future WBC light flyweight champion)
      L vs Yu Kimura SD 12 (won his WBC light flyweight title against Guevara)
      W vs Oswaldo Novoa SD 8 (former WBC straiwweight champion)
      L vs Kenshiro Teraji MD 12 (reigning WBC light flyweight, future WBC/WBA/Ring light flyweight champion)
      L vs Carlos Cuadras SD 12 (former WBC super flyweight champion)​

10 fights, 6 split decisions, 1 majority decision before the Moloney fight.

I thought Guevara earned the win. Body shots are scoring blows too.
      Thanks for the background info. I thought Guevara pulled it out as well. Moloney has no one to blame but himself. I think he thought he'd be gifted in a close fight at home.
      BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

I saw a very close fight. Moloney didn't do anything special. For the most part, he flicked a bunch of light jabs and tried to keep range all night but he was only partially successful.
        I actually thought it was refreshing to see the cards not reflect a bias towards the home fighter. Moloney is a sore loser. He never won that fight clearly. He even said he could've done more but thought he was winning. Why would you not do more in a fight that was so competitive throughout? His reaction to the decision was very emotional so maybe that clouded his judgment but hopefully if he watches the fight back he'll see it a bit differently.
        Pedro did not win that fight
        All those body shots and when he should of taken advantage , he didn’t much more
        Not a Maloney fan at all but a spade is a
        spade
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Pedro did not win that fight
          All those body shots and when he should of taken advantage , he didn’t much more
          Not a Maloney fan at all but a spade is a
          spade
          Ok. We're just going to have to disagree. I don't think we were watching the same fight.
          I know what I saw and I certainly didn't see a clear win for Moloney. I guess body shots are meaningless because Guevara outlanded Moloney overall and outlanded him in power shots. On top of that, Moloney landed mostly pitty pats. I don't know how that amounts to a clear win for Moloney but to each his own. You're entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Ok. We're just going to have to disagree. I don't think we were watching the same fight.
            I know what I saw and I certainly didn't see a clear win for Moloney. I guess body shots are meaningless because Guevara outlanded Moloney overall and outlanded him in power shots. On top of that, Moloney landed mostly pitty pats. I don't know how that amounts to a clear win for Moloney but to each his own. You're entitled to your opinion.
            It’s all good
            In my eyes Maloney did more , not by much but fairly more , whether they are pity Pat or not
            Not one or the other ever had anyone hurt
            I honestly thought that Pedro would capitalize late in the fight from his bodywork but didn’t do chit imo
            , just kept going to the body but at that point his shots were losing steam and he should of been going to the head cause Maloney was carrying himself low
            But hey to each their own

Comment

Working...
            X