Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Truth About David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's absolutely no way anyone can say how Jermell Charlo, John Ryder, or Munguia were a better opponents than Benavidez. It's a duck. If you don't see it, just go ahead and put on your clown suit now.

Comment

Originally posted by ImDominicanLipz View Post

This is what’s “disgusting”. You hate Canelo so much that you completely ignored the message. This isn’t about Canelo vs Benavidez fighting in any way shape or form, or to defend Canelo. I want to see Canelo-Benavidez just like everybody else over Ryders and Jermells and Munguias. Duh. This is about the extreme double standard and l just like I said, it’s ignored because the Canelo hate agenda seems to be the only thing that matters
      Characterising disagreement as "hate" is so boring. Canelo and Benavidez are at different stages of their careers so most of your meandering post was irrelevant.

I don't need to preface my demand for 1 vs 2 with a bunch of apologetics to appease emotional people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

How is choosing a fighter with far better credentials and name power, a duck? Andrade had much more value for Benavidez legacy and financially. You seem to think a duck is simply not fighting someone. Under your logic if shiskin demands the fight, and Benavidez refuses, he ducked him as well. lol
        LOL do you realize Morrell was Canelos mando longer than Benavidez? With that being said, after Plant, Morrell was the next best fight at 168 other than Canelo. This is about the best fighting the best right? Oh wait you said Benavidez chose Andrade which is better for him financially. So when it’s Benavidez, he can not fight the best fight, because it’s best for him financially. But when Canelo got paid to beat up on Munguia, he is ducking. Do you realize Munguia is a bigger draw than Benavidez? Jose Benavidez has even acknowledged when they wanted to fight Munguia that he was the A side. LOL disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          It's "disgusting" to demand 1 vs 2?

It's amazing the energy supposed boxing fans will invest in justifying why this fight isn't happening.
          If only this kind of energy was spent on other 1 vs 2s we wouldn’t had to have waited 5-6 years for Crawford vs one eyed slurring weight drained Spence or had to see 40 year old Beterbiev get injured and postpone or cancel vs Bivol.

but certain fighters with certain skin color or nationalities get passes around here. Certain fighters get a million and one excuses as to why their fights shouldn’t happen or why it’s ok to fight 10 fight unknown Slavs for an email belt instead of fighting the #2 in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by ImDominicanLipz View Post

Would you not want to see Benavidez vs Morrell or Benavidez vs Mbilli?
            sure, but not as much as canelo would :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

How is choosing a fighter with far better credentials and name power, a duck? Andrade had much more value for Benavidez legacy and financially. You seem to think a duck is simply not fighting someone. Under your logic if shiskin demands the fight, and Benavidez refuses, he ducked him as well. lol
              Well, for starters he talked a lot of crap and publicly he assured us he was going to take the fight, if you think a 36yo who has avoided practicly every challenge in and around his weight have credentials, well you're worse than canelo's fans. So, you just show how you see the sport. You can ask 10000 fans, real fans about benavidez vs Andrade before the fight and they all said benavidez was going to trash him, you ask the same fans DMJ vs benavidez and ther were divided. So yes, keep believing in St. Claus. He choose andrade because he was not sure he could beat the Cuban, just like canelo is ducking benavidez. Why didn't he fought him afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

No, you're wrong about that, Morrell Jr wanted to face benavidez and Shields took over his training, and he said he wanted to have a couple of fight with him before fighting benavidez. You know what happened after his third fight with DMJ, he took the leach off and benavidez went into hiding. Yes benavidez ducked Morrell jr and still is, but he moved up too.
                No your wrong

your boy was scared and turned down the fight

just because you favor the guy doesn’t give him the right to pick and choose when he wants to fight

theres proof of morrell ducking and turning down the fight

all you have is your opinion on how he should fight Morrell whenever you feel it and it doesn’t work like that

if he wasn’t ready when David benavidez offered the fight he shouldn’t have ran his mouth like he was ready until he was actually ready
                Last edited by Ctx94; 05-12-2024, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ctx94 View Post

No your wrong

your boy was scared and turned down the fight

just because you favor the guy doesn’t give him the right to pick and choose when he wants to fight

theres proof of morrell ducking and turning down the fight

all you have is your opinion on how he should fight Morrell whenever you feel it and it doesn’t work like that

if he wasn’t ready when David benavidez offered the fight he shouldn’t have ran his mouth like he was ready until he was actually ready
                  Not really, was the first fight with Shields and his trainer wanted to know him better, that showed he wasn't training him for the money only, and does care about his reputation. I don't believe fighters are scared in the literally sense of the word, but you're mentioning the word and the only one running from Morrell Jr is benavidez, so who is scared now, for the past two years?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
                    Morrell is definitely Benavidez’s Lara/Trout moment. Which Canelo had too, and he fought them. Two high risk, low reward fights that Canelo critics said he was ducking/would never fight at the time. He fought both.

Bivol for Benavidez would be what GGG was to Canelo. I would’ve said Beterbiev but honestly he’s way too old and keeps getting injured.

I think Canelo to Benavidez is what Cotto was for Canelo. Basically a big name, big PPV fight that fans were craving, but not the most dangerous. Canelo would beat Benavidez imo, but he’s not the most dangerous fighter Benavidez could face.

I give credit where credit is due though, Plant and Andrade were good wins.
                    Plant was a good win, andrade not so much. I can see the correlation with cotto vs canelo, but it's not close, ginger is younger than cotto was at the time they fought, benavidez vs Morrell Jr is similar to Lara vs ginger.

Comment

I believe Morrell is the future but if Benavidez beats him now how much credit would he get? You'd probably join the chorus of "he just beat an overrated 10-0 fighter".

Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X