No announcement yet.

The Truth About David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Truth About David Benavidez

It’s disgusting how people criticize Canelo who has fought the fighters people said he’d duck and ignore the extreme level of cherry picking of Benavidez.

Let’s start with the ducking of David Morrell. Benavidez came out in the past and said he’d fight Morrell if no Canelo. Jose Benavidez is stuck on the past when Morrell had 6 fights and Ronny Shields said he needs more time. Shields has came out for the past year and a half and said they want that fight and Morrell has been calling him out, yet Benavidez has chose to fight Andrade and Gvozdyk. Now that Team Benavidez is saying Morrell needs to prove himself and that when they fight it should be for a title. Benavidez planned to duck him all along because now he’s saying he is only going to 168 to fight Canelo. He wasn’t expecting Morrell to move up.

Now let’s talk about Gvozdyk. People keep saying how this is a dangerous fight. Please. Gvozdyk got KOd, retired, and came back to fight tomato cans. He will be 37 when he fights Benavidez. Gvozdyk and Benavidez sparred years ago and Gzvozdyk said Benavidez kicked his ass. Now sparring and a real fight is different, but this shows a specific choosing of an old fighter that they’re familiar with and feel like they can dominate. People speak on what he did to a past prime Adonis Stevenson 6 years ago and before he was KO’d.

Now let’s talk about opposition. All of David’s opponents have been old, have little power, smaller, or b level. He’s never fought a prime fighter his size who has elite skill and some power. The closest to that on his resume is Caleb Plant, who can’t punch, and Ronald Gavril, who was a c level 32 year old. Gavril was closest in size to Benavidez, and dropped him with a jab.

Benavidez brought old ass Lumiuex out of retirement for a fight and he was clearly way past it and way too small.

Benavidez fought Andrade who was also way too small and had no power. Andrade never belonged at 168 especially fighting a 168lb fighter who is a cruiserweight on fight night

Benavidez was at 168 for 10 years and never unified. Lost his title twice Canelo came to 168 and fought every champ in 1 year and even tried to fight the best(or 2nd) LHW. Why didn’t Benavidez ever move up to 175 which he clearly has belonged at. Now all of a sudden, he cares so much about the belts. Please

Benavidez wants the Canelo fight so bad because Canelo is past prime, the payday, and because he knows the size advantage is massive. You ever notice Benavidez team RARELY mentions Beterbiev and always say they’d prefer to fight Bivol. Why do you think that is? Beterbiev isn’t someone he can’t just walk through due to Beterbievs size and power.

He’s a great fighter to watch and may even be a great fighter, but let’s not act like he’s out here taking anywhere near the risks Canelo has taken over and over again. XO

i said canelo would duck rocky fielding but i was wrong

he did put a rehydration clause on him and im still laughing at that one

Comment

Good post.

I understand a lot of the Canelo criticism. The double standards of some people are ridiculous though.

Comment

yeah but he wanted to fight drunk charlo & mungi when the people want the benny fight who is deserving no matter how canelo stans try to spin otherwise
        dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

It's "disgusting" to demand 1 vs 2?

It's amazing the energy supposed boxing fans will invest in justifying why this fight isn't happening.

Comment

Still the Mando,still being ducked.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
              It's "disgusting" to demand 1 vs 2?

It's amazing the energy supposed boxing fans will invest in justifying why this fight isn't happening.
              This is what’s “disgusting”. You hate Canelo so much that you completely ignored the message. This isn’t about Canelo vs Benavidez fighting in any way shape or form, or to defend Canelo. I want to see Canelo-Benavidez just like everybody else over Ryders and Jermells and Munguias. Duh. This is about the extreme double standard and l just like I said, it’s ignored because the Canelo hate agenda seems to be the only thing that matters
              Apollo7 Apollo7 Pago007 Pago007 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                Still the Mando,still being ducked.
                Even if he wasn’t the mando, it’s still the fight to make. Period. So, with that being said, you will agree Benavidez is ducking Morrell right?

Comment

canelo vs berlanga is the fight that boxing fans want. it's the fight that will bring boxing back into the spotlight and make it mainstream again. every day i hear people out on the streets asking "when is canelo and berlanga going to fight??". i don't even think these people are boxing fans. that's how big this fight is.

canelo needs to provide for his family and do what's best for him financially. the berlanga fight is the biggest payday out there. canelo has mouths to feed

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                    i said canelo would duck rocky fielding but i was wrong

he did put a rehydration clause on him and im still laughing at that one
                    The main one that stands out is him vs Lara to me. GGG too, but he surprised me when he fought Lara because that was super high risk low reward. See that’s all I’m saying. Why doesn’t the same energy get put into Benavidez at some point. Canelo aside. Would you not want to see Benavidez vs Morrell or Benavidez vs Mbilli?

Comment

Working...
                    X