Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez, Crawford, Morrell or ... Berlanga? Who's next for Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of this in boxing. Benavidez is the Only name that should come up. Its the best fight at this point, money wise too. As long as Benavidez beats Gvozdyk, fight on!!! Lets go Canelo. You are the face of boxing right, well “to whom much is given, much is expected”. Guys, call for only the best fights and do not mention any other names until afterwards. Mungia shoudlnt have even got his shot before Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

That’s crazy to me that Canelo has been labeled like this over one guy. The rest of the tough opposition and difficult styles and experienced top fighters he’s fought means nothing apparently. He has this reputation of apparently ducking the best fighters and always picking the easy fights. That’s not remotely close to true.

If he does fight Berlanga next, who doesn’t deserve the fight, and that would suck, i’m pretty sure he will fight Benavidez next year. And guess what, it will benefit Benavidez more. He’ll have gained more experience and Canelo will have aged a little more. And once fighters get to their 30s, they seem to age in dog years.

You all need to calm down, it will happen probably next year. It’s frustrating when the best don’t fight the best. But Canelo should get at least a little bit of leeway as he’s an aging fighter and probably can’t handle multiple tough fights in a row.
      Bro, “to whom much is given, much is expected”. Its like a movie star saying they are tired of always being photographed and followed but all the while reaping the benefits of the lifestyle. He and everyone else says he is the FACE of boxing. He commands the biggest paydays, gets his pick of opponents FIRST. Doesnt have to fight mandatories when he doesnt want to (wbc franchise belt). Just fight Benevidez already, who is clearly the best at 168, other than Canelo but he fights everyone except for him. It doesnt make sense. I got Canelo winning the fight but if he doesnt fight him, hes a DUCK. It'll haunt him like Rid**** bowe and Lennox lewis. If you know, you know.
      Last edited by Rbs3rd; 05-11-2024, 02:49 PM.
      Southpaw16 Southpaw16 likes this.

Comment

If he fights Berlanga in September but at the same time agrees to fight either Benavidez, Crawford or Mbilli next, then i am onboard. Morrel and Benavdez both have a fight lined up at 175 and wont be able to drop down in time. Berlanga is trash, I dont want him to get that Canelo payday, so only in conjunction with a elite opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by ImDominicanLipz View Post

If Canelo fought 4 mismatches in a row then Benavidez has fought mismatches his entire career. Do you share the same feelings for him?
          Why doesn't canelo face his mandatories?

Comment

That’s crazy to me that Canelo has been labeled like this over one guy. The rest of the tough opposition and difficult styles and experienced top fighters he’s fought means nothing apparently. He has this reputation of apparently ducking the best fighters and always picking the easy fights. That’s not remotely close to true.

If he does fight Berlanga next, who doesn’t deserve the fight, and that would suck, i’m pretty sure he will fight Benavidez next year. And guess what, it will benefit Benavidez more. He’ll have gained more experience and Canelo will have aged a little more. And once fighters get to their 30s, they seem to age in dog years.

You all need to calm down, it will happen probably next year. It’s frustrating when the best don’t fight the best. But Canelo should get at least a little bit of leeway as he’s an aging fighter and probably can’t handle multiple tough fights in a row.
            I’m not judging him, I’m just frustrated with the business side of boxing, where a guy can do this without being forced to give up his titles. If I were him I’d do the same damn thing, because the structure of the sport allows it. It’s ridiculous.

Another thing that I wouldn’t judge him for: retirement. Say “you know what, I’m 33 years old, I’ve got lots of wear and tear, and this Benavidez kid
            looks like a killer, and this boxing stuff is dangerous. I’m going to drink tequila on the beach and become a promoter, see ya later.”

garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Berlanga should not even be in the conversation. He really struggles with any fighter with boxing ability. I have zero interested in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

Agreed. If Mbilli beats Heffron and doesn't get cut or hurt, then he would be the perfect guy. He seems very durable and would be a great test!
                He's already the perfect guy, he refused to fight Morrell Jr, doesn't hit hard enough and is a face first fighter, munguia 2.0.

Comment

Please, mention three elite fighters that canelo has beat, in their prime without controversy. Just three out 65+ he has.

Comment

It’ll be Berlanga, of course the easiest option for the king of ducks- Viva Mexico!

Comment

Well, if Canelo really wants to get back at Benevidez and piss him off, he should fight Morrell.

Comment

Working...
                      X