Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez, Crawford, Morrell or ... Berlanga? Who's next for Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after saying NO to David, Crawford and David, I guarantee Canelo is going to say "Oh darn, all those best guys have fights coming up! Guess I'll HAVE to fight Berlanga!" and his fans will go "Well, he's undefeated! Look at all those Knock outs!! Dangerous Fighter!!! Not Canelos fault that the better fighters were busy"
    garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
      In a ideal world.

Berlanga next month for PR day parade on ESPN.

Benavidez in September on Dazn.
      How would Berlanga EVER be ideal?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

That’s crazy to me that Canelo has been labeled like this over one guy. The rest of the tough opposition and difficult styles and experienced top fighters he’s fought means nothing apparently. He has this reputation of apparently ducking the best fighters and always picking the easy fights. That’s not remotely close to true.

If he does fight Berlanga next, who doesn’t deserve the fight, and that would suck, i’m pretty sure he will fight Benavidez next year. And guess what, it will benefit Benavidez more. He’ll have gained more experience and Canelo will have aged a little more. And once fighters get to their 30s, they seem to age in dog years.

You all need to calm down, it will happen probably next year. It’s frustrating when the best don’t fight the best. But Canelo should get at least a little bit of leeway as he’s an aging fighter and probably can’t handle multiple tough fights in a row.
        If he fights Berlanga next, it's the fifth BS fight in a row.

If you can't handle tough fights due to your "advanced age" then drop the belts, and nobody will GAF. Don't hold every belt hostage while ignoring all of top fighters in the division.
        garfios garfios Oracle01 Oracle01 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          It’s not just one opponent. Fans remember how he dragged out ggg for 2 years while fighting no hopers like khan, beefy smith and Chavez jr, and didn’t fight ggg until he was 35. Got help from judges twice and then avoided the trilogy until ggg was 40.
          Fans remember how he left meaningful fights with charlo and Andrade on the table when they mattered at mw and went on a euro tour instead.
          Now that he’s been backed into a corner for 2 years with Benavidez, he’s found every reason not to fight him while taking on much less deserving fighters.
          As far as next year, it doesn’t benefit Benavidez because he’s already chosen to move up in weight which is likely what canelo wanted. The time to have made the fight at its peak has passed and that was exactly Canelo’s plan.
          How come the fight has passed its peak? Nonsense, Benavidez just hit his prime, just because hes moving one division north doesn't necessarily means they can no longer fight, Canelo already moved up, faced 2 champions,got a belt and moved down in weight, plus like I told you the other day,Benavidez and his team already said several times not a problem making 168 for canelo, I'll take their word.

Comment

Canelo needs to stop all this cherry picking and fight the mandatory challenger, all he cares about is money . . How much money is enough ?. .

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

That’s crazy to me that Canelo has been labeled like this over one guy. The rest of the tough opposition and difficult styles and experienced top fighters he’s fought means nothing apparently. He has this reputation of apparently ducking the best fighters and always picking the easy fights. That’s not remotely close to true.

If he does fight Berlanga next, who doesn’t deserve the fight, and that would suck, i’m pretty sure he will fight Benavidez next year. And guess what, it will benefit Benavidez more. He’ll have gained more experience and Canelo will have aged a little more. And once fighters get to their 30s, they seem to age in dog years.

You all need to calm down, it will happen probably next year. It’s frustrating when the best don’t fight the best. But Canelo should get at least a little bit of leeway as he’s an aging fighter and probably can’t handle multiple tough fights in a row.
              So if he blatantly ducks him 3 fights in a row, demands 200m, and David leaves the division you are still adament he fights him in 2025? lmao, and when he is 35? You are the perfect example of someone living in denial. He has had 4 cherry picks in a row now, sept will be 5, and your still defending him. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

How would Berlanga EVER be ideal?
                Because he has no chin nor defense

Comment

Originally posted by Rbs3rd View Post
                  Sick of this in boxing. Benavidez is the Only name that should come up. Its the best fight at this point, money wise too. As long as Benavidez beats Gvozdyk, fight on!!! Lets go Canelo. You are the face of boxing right, well “to whom much is given, much is expected”. Guys, call for only the best fights and do not mention any other names until afterwards. Mungia shoudlnt have even got his shot before Benavidez.
                  Why as long as Benavidez beats Gvozdyk? if that fight is taking place at 175? Didn't Canelo got back to 168 with all his leverage after getting beaten by Bivol?

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post

How come the fight has passed its peak? Nonsense, Benavidez just hit his prime, just because hes moving one division north doesn't necessarily means they can no longer fight, Canelo already moved up, faced 2 champions,got a belt and moved down in weight, plus like I told you the other day,Benavidez and his team already said several times not a problem making 168 for canelo, I'll take their word.
                    Ughhh, you again? I would try to break it down for you but your track history shows that it would be a waste of time. The intellect just isn’t there on your end.
                    Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Canelo has now had 9 fights at 168 going back to 2018, and still not fought the top dog, and clowns are still making excuses.
                      j0zef j0zef likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X