Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rafael Espinoza to Defend Against Sergio Chirino on June 21 in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rafael Espinoza to Defend Against Sergio Chirino on June 21 in Las Vegas

[Click Here To Read More]

This is more of a homecoming victory lap / stay busy fight for Espinoza but he deserves it. I wonder if he and Robeisy are still going for a rematch around the end of the year? They were talking about it a few month ago.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

After this defense we need to see Espinoza v Lopez.

Comment

It's amusing how no one at 126 wants to fight El Venado Lopez.

Comment

The featherweight division is a classic example of how today's fighters have no ambition to face the best. If one of these guys want to get that huge payday against Inoue, they need to separate themselves from the pack. Inoue will pick the most accomplished guy right off the bat. At least Ford and Ball are fighting, but we need some unification fights.

Comment

122 went too perfectly where two guys got all the belts and both were willing to fight immediately. I don't expect a perfect storm like that at 126 but at the least there should be one unification before next year if any of these guys if anyone has the willingness to try to become THE guy of 126 for the pay day.

Also Vargas either needs to fight Figueroa to consolidate or get stripped if he is just going to continue to do nothing, this guy hasn't won a match in almost two years. That he got a gift draw against Ball was such a shame.

Comment

I'm kind of ambivalent about how I feel about guys like Espinoza and Fundora. Their size is such an extreme advantage at their weights. True , they make the weight , but damn , it's ridiculous how much bigger they are than the typical fighter in their weight classes. I've heard of weight bullies , what about height bullies ? I'm curious if anyone else has thought about this ? Any ideas ? You can't be right or wrong, it's just a matter of opinions.
              Last edited by pnut901; 05-11-2024, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                I'm kind of ambivalent about how I feel about guys like Espinoza and Fundora. Their size is such an extreme advantage at their weights. True , they make the weight , but damn , it's ridiculous how much bivger they are than the typical fighter in their weight classes. I've heard of weight bullies , what about height bullies ? I'm curious if anyone else has thought about this ? Any ideas ? You can't be right or wrong, it's just a matter of opinions.
                Bro i dont know about Fundora but ive known Rafa personally for a long long time since his debut, and the most impressive thing is he doesnt even struggle to make weight, he actually started as a bantamweight, and can probably still do superbantam if he wanted , to me is insane haha im like a foot shorter than him and there is no way i could make weight the way he does

Also he gonna Spark Chirino with no problem, easy money Espinoza by ko from 1 to 6 rds
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post

Bro i dont know about Fundora but ive known Rafa personally for a long long time since his debut, and the most impressive thing is he doesnt even struggle to make weight, he actually started as a bantamweight, and can probably still do superbantam if he wanted , to me is insane haha im like a foot shorter than him and there is no way i could make weight the way he does

Also he gonna Spark Chirino with no problem, easy money Espinoza by ko from 1 to 6 rds
                  Some people are just really skinny. I guess that everyone has things that are advantageous to them. Extreme height for the weight being one of them. Especially if you can use it.

Comment

Working...
                  X