Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford and Naoya Inoue resume deep dives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets face it....Crawford is trying to build a resume off names...its why he called Canelo out instead of looking for the best in his own divisions to make a name for himself. He had that opportunity early on with Spence but he waited to long. Fate intervened and Spences injuries cast doubt over the fight. Tell Crawford to fight someone who is a real undefeated challenge and we will talk more. Other than the Spence victory...Crawford isnt beating anyone who hasnt been beaten comprehensively before.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

He held the full title.

Juan Manuel Marquez got stripped which elevated Richar Abril to full WBA champion. Then Abril was stripped which elevated the interim champion Perez to full WBA lightweight champion. Then Perez successfully defended the full WBA title once via draw against Crolla, then lost to Crolla in the rematch. Then Crolla lost it to Linares.
      So he never actually won the title?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

So he never actually won the title?
        He held the full version of the WBA title. Lots of guys started their title reign as interim champions including Golovkin. You just don't start counting his defenses until he was the primary champion.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

He held the full version of the WBA title. Lots of guys started their title reign as interim champions including Golovkin. You just don't start counting his defenses until he was the primary champion.
          Darlys Perez never deserved a championship title. The way some of these pro boxers get their titles is one of the reasons why titles are such a joke.

You’re supposed to beat a champion to be crowned a champion. Worst case scenario, if it’s a vacant belt, it should be between the two best contenders of the weight class. Period. And i’m talking about WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF rankings. I’m talking about the best according to The Ring/TBRB.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Darlys Perez never deserved a championship title. The way some of these pro boxers get their titles is one of the reasons why titles are such a joke.

You’re supposed to beat a champion to be crowned a champion. Worst case scenario, if it’s a vacant belt, it should be between the two best contenders of the weight class. Period. And i’m talking about WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF rankings. I’m talking about the best according to The Ring/TBRB.
            The important ones are the TBRB and Ring Championships. You're preaching to the choir with that one.

I don't really value the belts very much but it's the WBA, WBC, IBF, and WBO that decide who their champions are. No matter how ****** their decisions may be, we have to live with them.

Comment

And yet they both together don't have the win as good as Bivol's best win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z

I like Monster better, but Crawford is a little better ability wise. Both guys are great for their weight classes. Crawford is 37. He won't be on top much longer and with his pending retirement the USA has no boxing stars that have not been busted by PED's or the police. Okay maybe they have 1 or 2 left but it is debatable if they are stars.

How did it come to this?

Monster sits on top of the 122 to 115 pound world.

Thanks for you breakdown.
                I think inoue ha s dominated opponents better than bud has, and fought better opposition too. Bud seems to figure his opponents out and does better later on in fight, whilst inoue dominated off the starting line.
                Ring have inoue no1 now.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 05-12-2024, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X