Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia’s $ fine…it would be SIMPLE and would make PERFECT sense!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia’s $ fine…it would be SIMPLE and would make PERFECT sense!

Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

These guys don't seem to care much about sums like a million. And it stands to reason (as you say) that money could provide for people who gave to the sport and are in need.

Comment

yes & then if he pops for peds on top of that too late to stop the fight

x3 the fine

El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WarVeteranO01
        That's why fighter unions are needed. I'm not the biggest fan of unions but promoters, sanctioning orgs, and commissions are out of control.
        yeah I don’t know much about unions and things like that but something needs to be done because a lot of these guys -more than most know- are really really really struggling after their careers are over

Comment

Life doesn't work like that.

Just because someone's eating caviar and I'm struggling to make ends meet, it don't mean I deserve even a cent of their income.
          FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

It will never happen, but I’d love to see some form of pension scheme/plan introduced into boxing. I’d like to see a defined contribution plan, where the fighter contributes X amount from each purse the same way an employee does at a company. Then the promoter, manager etc would take the responsibility as an employer and also make contribution of X amount after each fight.

There’d be a lot of things to work out, but I’m sure there’d be a way to structure it fairly. The biggest problem would be getting the promoters, networks, sanctioning bodies etc to actually cough up.

I suppose pro fighters are classed as self employed sole traders, so the onus would naturally fall on them to set up a personal pension. However, a lot of people profit on these guys without taking any punches, I fully believe they should do more to support them in retirement.

Comment

I agree let's do that if found guilty but why stop there OP what about the cheating scumbag Harvey Dock who did everything possible to protect Haney from a lose let's take 1million from those cheating fuxxks and give em to those legends who need it?

Comment

Working...
              X