Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasiliy Lomachenko's Dedication Means a Revival Is at Hand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vasiliy Lomachenko's Dedication Means a Revival Is at Hand

Vasiliy Lomachenko doesn't need to do this, continuing this pursuit to recapture another belt as a lightweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 05-10-2024, 10:30 AM.

My Lomanchenko didn't do justice with Rigo, in my opinion. May he receive what he deserves.

Comment

Bivol and Loma are my favorite boxers. That being said, both lack a killer instinct. They take their foot off the gas way too often. Both have an extensive amateur background and kids. I hope this isn't the last of Loma.

Comment

Floyd - “Tank ain’t ready for Loma yet”:..and never will be.

Comment

Loma probably planning for at least two fights before retirement.

This one, if beats Kambosos as expected, and go out with a super fight against 'Tank' or Shakur.

Comment

Kambosos is a bum. Will be an easy win. Everyone knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheClap View Post
              My Lomanchenko didn't do justice with Rigo, in my opinion. May he receive what he deserves.
              "My Lomachenko". He belongs to you?

Comment

Loma will always be the what if guy to me. What if he had turned pro a few years earlier? What if he'd decided to postpone Lopez and fix his shoulder before the fight? What if he had stepped on the gas against a totally overmatched Haney and stopped him? He won the fight but got robbed because he let up.

His footwork, ring IQ and boxing skills in general are just freakish. He had the talent to be a top 10 great. One of my favorite fighters over the last decade. But he will always be the what if guy. Alot of ****** mistakes.

I'd love to see him win another three or four big fights and retire unified. But he won't ever reach the heights he should have.
                pnut901 pnut901 Sabiondo Sabiondo like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
                  Loma will always be the what if guy to me. What if he had turned pro a few years earlier? What if he'd decided to postpone Lopez and fix his shoulder before the fight? What if he had stepped on the gas against a totally overmatched Haney and stopped him? He won the fight but got robbed because he let up.

His footwork, ring IQ and boxing skills in general are just freakish. He had the talent to be a top 10 great. One of my favorite fighters over the last decade. But he will always be the what if guy. Alot of ****** mistakes.

I'd love to see him win another three or four big fights and retire unified. But he won't ever reach the heights he should have.
                  Reasonable.

Lomachenko is a legendary amateur (with a bit of mythology around his record there but still) and too hyped for what he achieved (or didn't manage to do) as a professional because it is easier to talk about one's titles but not the quality and number of opponents. Yes, Lomachenko faced good and top ones and won against most of them. But behind all the praising there are 3 fights he lost (under all kinds of excuses mostly by his fans, however). So being a professional takes a lot more than being an amateur it seems. The upcoming fight will give more clarity and we will talk after that.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

Reasonable.

Lomachenko is a legendary amateur (with a bit of mythology around his record there but still) and too hyped for what he achieved (or didn't manage to do) as a professional because it is easier to talk about one's titles but not the quality and number of opponents. Yes, Lomachenko faced good and top ones and won against most of them. But behind all the praising there are 3 fights he lost (under all kinds of excuses mostly by his fans, however). So being a professional takes a lot more than being an amateur it seems. The upcoming fight will give more clarity and we will talk after that.
                    Good post. His skill set via eye test is obviously otherworldly, for me at least. But his fights against Lopez and Haney do speak to what you are saying. Poor judgement.

Comment

Working...
                    X