No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Hopes Ennis' Road Will Lead To Crawford At 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    I suspect Crawford will find a cash out fight soon against the best paying opponent. He’s getting close to 40 in the next couple of years. Having said that, the Saudis seem to be able to bankroll any fight they want to see (that can help them improve their global image of traditionally being a Sunni terror supporter) so maybe it will happen. Im going against the grain here though, if he Saudis ever decide to leave boxing alone now that they have accommodated the “if the money is right” mindset, what happens then to boxing now that fighters can be overpaid in a way that would bankrupt the promotions and networks?
    ———-
    that can help them their global image of being Sunni terror supporter”

So how would you explain the global image of the US which invades third world non-white nations only? Are we not also sports washing our genocide and global wars?

Comment

His excellency and Eddie must not be on the same page? Turki is trying to make Canelo vs. Crawford @ 168, and Eddie trying to make Crawford vs. Ennis @ 154!
      DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

I keep playing this scenario out in my head and unless I'm missing something... there's no exit ramp.
        My mind thinks long term and strategically and I just cannot help but to think of what happens if they decide they no longer have interest in the sport or the short sheikh himself passes on soon, or they find they get a much better return in money and political/social/media capitol from let’s say FIFA, or Formula One, the Olympics, etc etc? One hopes that the promoters would have been broken of the armed camp division mentality but without a seemingly unlimited supply of green backs one can’t help but to wonder what state the sport will find itself particularly in terms of the networks/platforms. Can the sport grow if it’s on apps alone without actual networks on the regular apps? Time will tell I suppose
        Last edited by Oldskoolg; 05-09-2024, 02:25 PM.
        factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          His excellency and Eddie must not be on the same page? Turki is trying to make Canelo vs. Crawford @ 168, and Eddie trying to make Crawford vs. Ennis @ 154!
          Correct Mr Bronx because like I've been saying since Dazn arrived that it has been a total shyteshow. This Turkey guy is just trying to put any fight together like Nintendo '96. They don't care about the fighters or how safety works.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            I suspect Crawford will find a cash out fight soon against the best paying opponent. He’s getting close to 40 in the next couple of years. Having said that, the Saudis seem to be able to bankroll any fight they want to see (that can help them improve their global image of traditionally being a Sunni terror supporter) so maybe it will happen. Im going against the grain here though, if he Saudis ever decide to leave boxing alone now that they have accommodated the “if the money is right” mindset, what happens then to boxing now that fighters can be overpaid in a way that would bankrupt the promotions and networks?
            I'll tell you what happens Mr Oldskoolg....WE ARE FUQED! The Saudis are not boxing people committed to the health and well being of the sport. They are using western sports to change their image. Futbol, F1 racing, tennis, LIV golf and now boxing. The problem is those other sports are well run organized sports with a central management to work with. Boxing is a corrupt sport ran by shady people all over the world. The Saudis are not going to monopolize the sport especially in America. They (and Dazn) are going to pick a few fighters off from TR and PBC and sign them to multi (3) fight deals. This is done just to prevent TR and PBC from putting on a few fights that people want now even though they don't have a successful road map for the boxers they sign. They can throw 50 million at every fighter just to lure them over but at some point the Saudis will realize they are just losing millions of dollars with no profits in the future. When they finally decide to leave the sport thise fighters careers will be in shambles and they will be crawling back to TR and PBC begging on hands and knees!

Comment

Isn't the 154 IBF belt vacant? Why doesn't Bootsy move up and win that belt. Then if Bud wins, they can unify?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                Isn't the 154 IBF belt vacant? Why doesn't Bootsy move up and win that belt. Then if Bud wins, they can unify?
                Murtazaliev is the IBF champ. Won the vacant belt by stopping Jack Culcay on April 6th. I agree that if they ACTUALLY want a Crawford fight, that's the way to do it. IMO if Ennis chooses to stay at 147, he doesn't want that fight, or fights with the likes of Jermell Charlo, Tim Tszyu, Fundora, Ortiz, and possibly also Spence. 147 there's Stanionis, Mario Barrios, and maybe Thurman, along with the other 20 guys that have been ranked in the top 10 over the past two years of whom Ennis has fought only Roiman Villa. If he gets by Crowley, we will get a chance to see who he wants to fight.
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Murtazaliev is the IBF champ. Won the vacant belt by stopping Jack Culcay on April 6th. I agree that if they ACTUALLY want a Crawford fight, that's the way to do it. IMO if Ennis chooses to stay at 147, he doesn't want that fight, or fights with the likes of Jermell Charlo, Tim Tszyu, Fundora, Ortiz, and possibly also Spence. 147 there's Stanionis, Mario Barrios, and maybe Thurman, along with the other 20 guys that have been ranked in the top 10 over the past two years of whom Ennis has fought only Roiman Villa. If he gets by Crowley, we will get a chance to see who he wants to fight.
                  Couldnt agree more

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Correct Mr Bronx because like I've been saying since Dazn arrived that it has been a total shyteshow. This Turkey guy is just trying to put any fight together like Nintendo '96. They don't care about the fighters or how safety works.
                    I'm still wondering how he can make a plan for Wilder to fight in June, and August, in the same year? Since when...
                    Last edited by Bronx2245; 05-09-2024, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Long road ahead for Ennis before cleaning out the division. 2-3 years max.

Comment

Working...
                      X