Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Lopez Lying In Wait For Naoya Inoue At Featherweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Lopez Lying In Wait For Naoya Inoue At Featherweight

IBF featherweight world champion Luis Alberto Lopez has relished the role of the spoiler to the hometown hero for most of his career, now he wishes to look to do against "The Monster" Naoya Inoue in Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He'd better start cycling off now then.

Comment

Intriguing for sure. Sometimes unorthodox fighters give all kinds of trouble to technically sound fighters. Plus Lopez squeezes down tremendously.
      Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Given that he is with Top Rank (I think), assuming he doesn't lose his belt unexpectedly within the next half year I think he is a near shoe-in for being the first opponent to Inoue possibly even next summer.

Comment

Lopez and Divino Espinoza are not UNDICIPLINE like Nery.
          messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

lopez has not faced anyone remotely on the level of inoue
            his best win is a washed warrington and conlan whose chin has been taken by wood. this guy fights with his hands down and chin in the air, iexpect inoue to lay him out clean

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
              Given that he is with Top Rank (I think), assuming he doesn't lose his belt unexpectedly within the next half year I think he is a near shoe-in for being the first opponent to Inoue possibly even next summer.
              There's no guarantee that Jose Lopez will hold onto the championship, due to his free swinging style.
              Yet if he able to retain his title, and faces off against Naoya Inoue, he'll get stopped.
              Because Inoue will land his straighter punches before Lopez can land his overarching punches.
              Inoue is also a much better boxer than the slugging Lopez, who virtually has no defensive skill's.

Lopez might be lying in wait, but Inoue will be the one pouncing on him ( like a predator onto it's prey)!
              Last edited by Boricua181; 05-09-2024, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Long time to hold his belt waiting. Hopefully he doesn't just sit on it.

'I remember guys were saying Robisey was waiting for Inoue and lost his belt a couple weeks later

Comment

I like Lopez. He's awkward and you don't see where the punches are coming from. Hard puncher! I think he gives a lot of problems to Inoue. Dangerous fight for Inoue, plus he's bigger.

Comment

I like this fight, but I would prefer to see El Venado fight the guy who derailed El Tren.
                    Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X