Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhilei Zhang: I Underestimated Joseph Parker, But I Will Bomb Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought Zhang was overhyped because of his 2 wins over Joyce. We wait and see if he can beat Wilder but one more loss and his chance to fight for a world title will be gone especially because of his age.

Comment

IMO... it's more a career death sentence for Wilder than it is for Zhang. We haven't seen
      many cracks in Zhang's armor... but we've definitely seen decline in Wilder. He always relied
      on his power... and never learned to box properly. Zhang has his problems... but just not quite
      as many as his opponent. Just my 37 cents worth, that's all. Should be quite an interesting fight.
      gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Did he underestimate Joe or did he glitch out over his energy/gas tank? No offense to Joe, but it seemed like Zhang lost more than Joe won. There was multiple times where it seemed like Zhang was one or two punches, he never threw, away from a stoppage W. Very weird performance.

And randomly same with Wilder who didn't even mentally show up to the fight. Again no disrespect to Joe cuz all he can do is show up as the best version of himself, but hes had a good run more cuz of guys losing fights than him winning fights.
        gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

It's more a testament to Parker's team and game plan tailored to make the other guys lose.

They tried to rise to the challenge. Parker sunk to the level of his training and trusted his team had him in the best condition possible.

He didn't underestimate his opponents nor was overconfident of the win.

If he performed to the limit of his abilities with no injuries or illness he has a better than even chance of winning on the day...against anyone !

Comment

Should be fun. Wilder never had good boxing skills and he’s taking a couple of frightful beatings from Fury. But he’s respectfully fast and still has crushing power. Zhang has some serious defensive liabilities and is pretty slow but he’s got damned good power and has an abundance of what I call grit. I’ll take Zhang in an absolute shootout that doesn’t go 7.

Comment

Zhang underrated Parker and overrated himself.

Everyone was totally overlooking Parker which was just weird considering he had only just sprung a supposedly massive upset over Wilder.

Reality was Zhang had two very good wins over Joyce but could not have asked for a better style matchup to look good against than a guy who's strategy was to block Zhangs left hands with his chin.

Zhang was feeling himself too much in the build up to that fight, talking about Fury and AJ and never minding the man who was in front of him. Even after the first knockdown Zhang did that silly dance as if to say the job was done.

Anyway I hope Zhang knocks Wilder out of the sport but there's a risk there because he's not exactly fleet footed and trust me Zhang will feel wilders punches a lot more than anyone he's fought so far.

50/50 fight in my opinion, Zhang is very hittable but accurate, Wilder is in accurate but maybe slightly more elusive. I'm not sure if he lands the big shot first or the other way round.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                It's more a testament to Parker's team and game plan tailored to make the other guys lose.
                I agree he showed up with a plan, but Zhang still almost beat him & then basically his battery seemed to die lol.

Anyone who saw that fight could see something wasn't right with him. It wasn't quite as bad as it was in the Forest fight, but it was more his own sh^t than Joe did something crazy to beat him.

They tried to rise to the challenge. Parker sunk to the level of his training and trusted his team had him in the best condition possible.
                I don't think Wilder rose to anything. His performance was super weird too. He threw way less punches per rd than he usually throws & just didn't seem present. And its not like Joe is more elusive than Fury to not be able to throw punches.

But like I said Joe showed up, gave his best effort & turned those efforts into W's which is all anyone can do, BUT I think its clear his opps did not bring their best efforts & maybe aren't even the same guys we've seen in the past or got the same drive. I don't think over or under confidence had much to do with these outcomes.

Comment

How does wilder react to being punched, by someone who hits harder than himself? I'm a bit sad we won't see Josh v wilder now after Zhang beats wilder

Comment

I’m actually scared for Deontay Wilder

Comment

Fish Eyes and The Worm protecting their meal tickets by having Zhang and Wilder beat each other up first.

Comment

Working...
                      X