Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez-Juan Francisco Estrada Represents a 'Monster' Stepping Stone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    I don't want to be that guy, but how hard can it really be to go from 115 to 122 pounds?
    It's about 7% of your bodyweight. A little less than jumping from 160 to 175. (8.5%)
    wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
      I don't want to be that guy, but how hard can it really be to go from 115 to 122 pounds?
      Simply gaining 7lbs of fat is doable by anyone willing to eat lots of junk food on a sofa. It is getting 7lbs of lean muscle in a few month on 2 weight cut body without hindering your skills in a few month span that is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

well its a bigger percentage of weight going from 115 to 122 then from 160 to 168 or 168 to 175 for example. its like going up 1 and a half weight classes if he was fighting at welterweight to light heavy. not impossible but not the easiest thing either to do. moving up 1 weight class is a little easier when you are in the sub 135 divisions but moving up 2 is harder than moving up 1 weight class when you are bigger.
        I think its much easier for a grown man to move up from those unnaturally small weights than the higher ones. I bet he kills himself much more to be at jockey weight than a 160 fighter who is close to a normal average size.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this one. It's got every ingredient to make for a classic.

Comment

Working...
          X