Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez-Juan Francisco Estrada Represents a 'Monster' Stepping Stone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bam Rodriguez-Juan Francisco Estrada Represents a 'Monster' Stepping Stone

[Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to this fight!

Comment

35 years old and inactive for 18 months. Bam is just feeding on washed names.
      zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
        who would you rather see him fight?

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

who would you rather see him fight?
          Ioka.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
            Given that WBC isn't going to strip Estrada ever, it is necessary fight to get the unification fights rolling at 115. Ioka and Martinez are fighting next to unify, and Tanaka has made it more than eagerly known that he wants next in line. Estrada is the only one that is basically stalling.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Ioka.
              That's who Estrada was trying to fight, but it fell through. I'm not convinced Ioka would win. Good fight, though. I don't think Bam is looking at an easy victory against Estrada. It's certainly not a fight I would complain about. Bam might have the same issues setting up a fight with Ioka that Estrada did. I'd love to see it, though.
              charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

I don't want to be that guy, but how hard can it really be to go from 115 to 122 pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                  I don't want to be that guy, but how hard can it really be to go from 115 to 122 pounds?
                  well its a bigger percentage of weight going from 115 to 122 then from 160 to 168 or 168 to 175 for example. its like going up 1 and a half weight classes if he was fighting at welterweight to light heavy. not impossible but not the easiest thing either to do. moving up 1 weight class is a little easier when you are in the sub 135 divisions but moving up 2 is harder than moving up 1 weight class when you are bigger.

Comment

Estrada has only ever fought one unification across his career. We're more likely to get an Ioka unification if Bam beats him.

And to answer another question, look at how many fighters in all of history have gotten belts at 115, 118, and 122, or even just in the lower weight classes from light minimumweight to 122.

That list is:

Duke Mackenzie
                    Manny Pacquiao
                    Leo Gamez
                    ​​​​​​Jonny Tapia
                    Fernando Montiel
                    Jorge Arce
                    Nonito Donaire
                    Román González
                    Akira Yaegashi
                    Kazuto Ioka
                    Donnie Nietes
                    Kosei Tanaka
                    Naoya Inoue
                    John Riel Casimero
                    Junto Nakatani

Across all of boxing history and across 7 weight divisions, that's 15 guys, and many of them are HOF or future HOF when they retire. It's an even smaller number if you stick specifically to the weight classes you mentioned. If it was easy, there'd be a lot of guys doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X