Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Open to Re-signing Terence Crawford: 'There Is No Animosity There'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

i dont know why TR and arum couldnt promote TC to become a star? arum said something along the line that TC is not a draw. but i feel like if they really wanted to promote TC to become a star, they could easily have...
    Was fine until Bud moved to 147. PBC had all of the 147 fighters, and they 100% froze Bud/Bob out.

People will use revisionist history to act like this wasn't true, but we all know it.

Comment

This old money hungry parasite J*$ can go kick rocks in Tel Aviv. Bud would be very ****** to ever do business with this S-bag again.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

I think it's a combination of a few things. Bud does t do himself any favors in promoting himself, the pandemic and pbc blackballing him for so long.

At least now, real money from SA is backing him. Hope these last few years are great for him and boxing.

if he's able to become undisputed at 154, he def goes down as an atg...
        That's an excuse. TR could have promoted this man better. They had no problem hyping Loma. Is Loma any more personable than Bud?

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
          The thing is, in Shakur's case I can see him finding even less opponents if he leaves TR, or any promoter in general. He already self-priced himself out of getting undisputed in LW off Haney, I don't see him doing any better as free agent.
          He will make all the money he needs from the Tank fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            He will make all the money he needs from the Tank fight!
            You think Shakur is capable enough to self promote him into fighting Tank? Unless you are implying that he should sign with PBC next to fight once a year again.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

That's an excuse. TR could have promoted this man better. They had no problem hyping Loma. Is Loma any more personable than Bud?
              Could be, but in the end, neither did a good job. Some fighters are easy to promote, some aren't. Some you have to goad. Crawf has all the intangibles when it comes to the sport. It didn't work out with TR, looks like it didn't work out with pbc either. GB and Matchroom couldn't land him. It took a Saudi Arabian sheik to make it happen.......

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Could be, but in the end, neither did a good job. Some fighters are easy to promote, some aren't. Some you have to goad. Crawf has all the intangibles when it comes to the sport. It didn't work out with TR, looks like it didn't work out with pbc either. GB and Matchroom couldn't land him. It took a Saudi Arabian sheik to make it happen.......
                Bob admitted in the past that he struggled promoting Black fighters. That tells me that he wasn't even inclined to try. Bud would be a fool if he goes back to TR and this shady J#@.
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                  You think Shakur is capable enough to self promote him into fighting Tank? Unless you are implying that he should sign with PBC next to fight once a year again.
                  I think he should go with whoever can get him a fight with Tank! Ryan got the fight without signing to PBC. Maybe that would work for Shakur. Right now, he's fighting trash opponents! He needs Tank, Schofield, Zepeda, before he leaves 135!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Bob admitted in the past that he struggled promoting Black fighters. That tells me that he wasn't even inclined to try. Bud would be a fool if he goes back to TR and this shady J#@.
                    Wholeheartedly agree! Not sure what/who they have to offer at 154. Wouldn't make sense. Like what, all of a sudden they have the means and the money?

TR NOW, is a promoter who sign youngsters and build them up to eventually leave
                    Last edited by El_Mero; 05-09-2024, 12:57 PM.
                    BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

bob just wants the lawsuit to go away, if bud resigns AGAIN surely he cant argue bob is holding him back?? i mean is he signing up to be held back all over again?? i dont think so

Comment

Working...
                      X