Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Open to Re-signing Terence Crawford: 'There Is No Animosity There'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Open to Re-signing Terence Crawford: 'There Is No Animosity There'

Terence Crawford is taking turns picking and choosing the fights he pleases as a promotional free agent. After an acrimonious split from longtime promoter Top Rank following his 2021 stoppage win against Shawn Porter, Crawford has worked with BLK Prime (for his knockout victory against David Avanesyan) and PBC (for his career-defining stoppage win against Errol Spence Jr.).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Excuse me Bob , but you might want to see how Mr. Crawford feels about there being no animosity. He may beg to differ.
    Last edited by pnut901; 05-07-2024, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Crawford has his hands full with Madrimov. Retirement could be closer than Bob and Bud hope.
      James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

The backing of that Turki guy eliminates the need for a middleman Bob.

Btw, Madrimov is no joke.
        El_Mero El_Mero Bronx2245 Bronx2245 like this.

Comment

Remember what Bud did with Jeff Horn during his first 147 job? Prepare for that type of performance again at 154 on 8/3
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

I could see a scenario where Shakur, Keyshawn, and Shu-Shu, all leave Top Rank, and follow Terence Crawford! He's very influential to all 3, especially the first two!

Comment

I say never. That business model is outdated where the promoter gets to have options on a fighter’s future fights.

I prefer the free agency route; Where the fighters get to sign with the highest bidder on a fight-by-fight basis.

The irony is that I can remember just a few years back. When Bob said that he could build a brand new house from the ground in Beverly Hills just on the money he’s lost on Terence Crawford’s fights alone.

So what’s changed since then? Why is he so keen on resigning Terence Crawford now?
              pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Idk why. Crawford is still not a PPV star and he’ll still ask for more money than he can generate. And that was Arum’s gripe with Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles83 View Post
                  Crawford has his hands full with Madrimov. Retirement could be closer than Bob and Bud hope.
                  Crawford will knock him out. There’s levels and experience in boxing, Crawford has both of those on high.
                  Carpe Diem Carpe Diem Zaroku Zaroku like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I could see a scenario where Shakur, Keyshawn, and Shu-Shu, all leave Top Rank, and follow Terence Crawford! He's very influential to all 3, especially the first two!
                    The thing is, in Shakur's case I can see him finding even less opponents if he leaves TR, or any promoter in general. He already self-priced himself out of getting undisputed in LW off Haney, I don't see him doing any better as free agent.
                    zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X