Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GBP to blame why Stevenson vs Zepeda can't happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is GBP to blame why Stevenson vs Zepeda can't happen?

It's what Moretti of TR is saying here:
    ----------

"When you go down the rankings and you see who's actually available to fight, it doesn't leave you with a lot. Knowing Artem's amateur background, his fight with Frank Martin, he's been in the running for a while," said Moretti who, when asked whether there were talks with Golden Boy's Zepeda replied: "Yes, and then when we actually called to talk about it, they didn't go far."

https://www.boxingscene.com/stevenso...yunyan--183341

Just wondering why there's no other side of the story.

What is GBP's story about this Zepeda case?

Comment

GBP needs to be called out on this. They've been waxing poetic recently how everyone should be working together and make fights happen. And now this with Carl Moretti saying "they didn't go far."

Comment

I like Zepeda, but let's be honest: Shakur would potshot and bolt the entire fight. It would be boring. Zepeda would need to trap him on the ropes to get any sort of momentum going, and that won't happen.

Comment

Nah skahur most likely priced himself out. Dude has a huge ego for a basic resume, not being a draw and being boring af
          Spray_resistant Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

I'm guessing GBP is waiting for the Saudi oil money to chime in.
            Nevertheless, they should be called out on this, especially when
            Oscar was telling Shakur not to retire yet hinting about making the Zepeda clash.

Comment

Fans need to get GBP's side on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                I like Zepeda, but let's be honest: Shakur would potshot and bolt the entire fight. It would be boring. Zepeda would need to trap him on the ropes to get any sort of momentum going, and that won't happen.
                None of that is an excuse to not fight a champion. You just described a duck. You could have said the same thing about Benavidez fighting Plant but he fought him and for no belt. Zepeda is one of the oldest prospects around today. He's almost 30 , with 30 fights never even fought for a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
                  Nah skahur most likely priced himself out. Dude has a huge ego for a basic resume, not being a draw and being boring af
                  Seems likely, he is not really in a negotiable position but acts like he is when people wish he was the opener not the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll
                    Didn’t Oscar say that he wants Shakur after Zepeda’s next fight, which is already in the works?
                    I have no idea. I'm relying on NSB to supply fans what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X