Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there this "kind old uncle Mike" reputation around Mike Tyson now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there this "kind old uncle Mike" reputation around Mike Tyson now?

Tyson was a very entertaining fighter to watch, but as a human being he is not a good person, and despite his age slowing him down and all the weed making him a bit calmer I don't think he's changed.

The man was a grapist and repeat criminal, a drug user, a serial cheater in the ring, a thug, threatened to g**** female reporters, assaulted fighters at press conferences, the list goes on and on.

Just seems funny to me that people think this guy needs "protecting" from Jake Paul lol.

I think the only reason Tyson is more civilized now is because he's older and can't throw his weight around as much as he used to, well that and Lennox Lewis broke him by physically dominating him to such an extent that he couldn't possibly come up with an excuse in his own head for it.

I always thought he was mentally ill and he wasn’t on his medications in his younger days. MAOIs can mellow a person out. Make them feel soulless…
    no he’s not a good person, he’s just mellowed and hollowed out now.

Comment

Name value that's about it. But it's also the people doing it that keeps his name relevant

Comment

Same reason people like Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Jackson still have fans. Because people are scum and they have no values, or they live in denial.

Comment

Some people act so insane that when they start behaving even a little bit better they start being called good persons.

Comment

Celebrity culture and sentimentalism. His interviews are cringeworthy, I rarely listen to him speak.

Comment

He was a highly flawed character who’s had his whole life on display since he was basically a “kid”. And everyone knows his story as a child too. But he also showed change and improvement as a human, and we all saw that too.

He was also a badass as a boxer.

It’s no different than how guys like Edwin Valero and Carlos Monzon still get idolized by some groups of fans. Although Mike Tyson didn’t anything as bad as them.

Comment

He's mellowed since he stopped eating babies and making men his bitches.

Bless his little cottonsocks.

Comment

Jake Paul is going to beat the prime out of him. If a 'legendary' heavyweight in his 50s, can't beat a YouTuber, then it's embarrassing.

The excuses will be at the ready cos every Tyson loss has an excuse. How about reversing it? No excuses for his losses, but excuses for his wins. Maybe Spinks, Tubbs, Tucker, and Ruddock became past prime on their way to the ring, like Tyson became past prime vs Douglas all cos he got a boxing lesson and bustered up. Nash out
                  Last edited by Nash out; 05-07-2024, 03:43 AM.
                  Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    Same reason people like Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Jackson still have fans. Because people are scum and they have no values, or they live in denial.
                    Who's still a Jackson fan? Your Uber driver? That's like someone still caring about Elvis. What da *** happened to blanket?

Comment

Working...
                    X