Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Sucker' Hunch: Hope for Canelo Alvarez-David Benavidez in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To even still be thinking this fight will happen in sept (ever really) despite all the contrary evidence is a case study in denial. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the reason Canelo temporality left PBC in march was because PBC tried to make him commit to Benavidez in Sept. Then Canelo has asked for 200m, then Benavidez moved up and has a fight in June, but apparently the fight will happen in Sept!
    Tomsmacker Tomsmacker likes this.

Comment

The funny thing is Canelo never pointed at Benavidez. He was pointing at Luis Conriquez and Peso Pluma who were sitting in front of Benavidez. Canelo is just toying with Benavidez at this point.

Comment

Much more likely we see Canelo versus Jose Benavidez (junior not senior) than David.

Comment

It's pretty simple, if he wanted Benavides, he would of been the opponent this past weekend. That said, is it possible that Canelo is just playing chess and waiting for a bigger offer to maximize this fight, I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities but I wouldn't hold my breath...
          elmaravilla elmaravilla likes this.

Comment

A ridiculous asking price is just another way to duck Benavidez. At this point Canelo is just being an excuse making ass. Drop the belt or fight your mandatory. It's not that complicated.
            Tomsmacker Tomsmacker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              That would be great but Benavidez fights in June. So they wouldn’t be able to fight in September. They’re Mexican and Mexican-American fighters, they should fight in May or September. And I do not want to see this fight in September with only 3 months of rest/training for Benavidez because then that would be Canelo haters excuse is to why Benavidez lost.
              Having Benavidez go up to 175 and then have to make 168 just 3 months later is exactly something canelo would do.

Comment

Canelo will NEVER fight Benavides. He will keep making up excuses.

Comment

Definitely could see Canelo jumping at the opportunity to take on Benavidez after the latter has moved up and put him on a rehydration clause and a short time limit. Especially if Benny has a tough time with Gvodzyk. That way if Benavidez turns it down, he will always be able to say he offered the fight. That's definitely a Canelo move.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Having Benavidez go up to 175 and then have to make 168 just 3 months later is exactly something canelo would do.
                    Well team benavidez already said 'no problemo' making 168 so we gonna have to trust their word for it as long as the fights gets made. Lol I bet some of yall would still use that and all sort of excuses if Benny gets his arse handed to him by the ginger

Comment

Do my eyes deceive me or is they excuses being made by a few already?

Surely not.

Comment

Working...
                      X