Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Dropped But Brutally Destroys Luis Nery in Six Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn!!!!!! I missed this and forgot. Ugggg
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      He showed a lot of holes in his defense.

Against Donaire too, he almost was stopped by an old Donaire.

Nery is vulnerable , his chin is not that great , he was dropped before his win against Yamanaka , but he has heart.

Inoue is a great great fighter but his resume is pretty weak.

And he ducked Román González when both were champs in 112-115.

So , is his fault too...

Go to 126 and fight better competition.
      Chocolatito ducked him, not the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
        cemented himself as 2nd best pound for pound after crawford...bud dont get sloppy and get planted on the seat of his pants not even when he faces this hard hitting madrimov at 154 just to skillful in the gym every day never out of shape why hes the best on the planet......
        Bud was eating clean punches from Spence in order to land his best shots, just that Spence didn't have enough power to knock him down

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Damn!!!!!! I missed this and forgot. Ugggg
          Was a really fun fight. See if you can catch it on youtube.

Comment

delete

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus26 View Post
              Inoue showed today why he is without debate THE PFP NO 1 fighter in the world today irrespective of weight class. He was over anxious and it showed in the 1st round and he was careless getting dropped by a left hook. But being the COMPLETE fighter he is, made the adjustments and thanks to him being the best 1 to 6 inch punching machine since The legendary Joe Louis, he proceeded to dismantle Nery in the most brutally yet surgically efficient fashion. Inoue put too much undoe pressure on himself leading up to this bout because a lot was being made about Nery and the possibility of him pulling off a Buster Douglas. This is why I hate when promoters build up an event to the point of absurdity and make lofty predictions, thus putting pressure on the favorite to perform at ultra super hero levels just to please the crowd. We saw it With Evander Holyfield against late replacement Bert Cooper who caught an over anxious Holyfield looking to impress his hometown Atlanta crowd. Holyfield almost saw a loss in the making if not for his friend and referee Mills Lane intervening and buying him time. In Inoue case however the Japanese marvel recouped quickly and made all the right adjustments and proceeded to never let Nery back into the bout in violently beautiful fashion. The monster has impeccable technique and that is a large part of his success. I hope from here on he doesn't get caught up in the hype of Arums bs blathering and just stay focused like he always does and take NO ONE For granted and continue to stamp his lege into the history books. As for Mexican fans I need to say this. Please stop this nationalist rhetoric. Its ANNOYING. Because Nery lost some of you are already trying to deflect and say that Inoue ducked Chocolito. The FACTS are that Inoue made the offer and Gonzalez did not take it. He then got his skin handed to him in a subsequent bout. So please stick with the facts and not your narratives motivated by this frigging annoying border line r@cist/ Nationalistic nonsense. And for Bud Crawford fans, it's ok to like your " guy" but this over the top adulation is pathetic and embarrassingly silly. Bud was DROPPED by Mean machine even if the incompetence of the referee didn't make it official. And yes Crawfords resume is not exactly littered with in prime Hall of Famers either. He is only now in this discussion because at 36 years of age he and Spence FINALLY decided to fight before both would need adult diapers and walking sticks. And no matter how you try to spin it , BUD FOUGHT A CLEARLY DIMINISHED Spence. Enroll was inactive for close to a year, obviously not the same fighter he was prior to the accident and was definitely deteriorating by the time he fought Ugas. Erroll was slow, very hittable and one dimensional against Ugas. His reflexes were clearly off, then after Ugas he was inactive and dealing with an eye injury. Bud has a more complete tool box than Spence yes but Spence made that fight a LOT EASIER for Crawford thanks to his obvious decline. Had Ugas jabbed and utilized feints and smart lateral pivots, he likely would have defeated Spence first. I would suggest people learn how to put these things in PERSPECTIVE rather than get caught up in this annoying fanboy emotional investment phenomenon that's going on these days. Inoue has been consistent from day one and unlike Crawford, has shown he can be in a legitimately tough fight ( The Filipino Flash) survive a broken eye socket and still fight on and Win. Crawford hasn't been in that situation yet. He's good, really good and I admire Crawford but he is still human and age can be a determining factor as well. How will Bud react when the opponent doesn't cooperate and puts it back on him twice as hard?? Right now I have Inoue at the number one position strictly because of what he's done at 4 weight classes and the fact that he proved he can overcome real adversity when it counts.
              the fuck man? nobody is reading all this text

good for you though, i agree? i guess (?)
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus26 View Post
                Inoue showed today why he is without debate THE PFP NO 1 fighter in the world today irrespective of weight class. He was over anxious and it showed in the 1st round and he was careless getting dropped by a left hook. But being the COMPLETE fighter he is, made the adjustments and thanks to him being the best 1 to 6 inch punching machine since The legendary Joe Louis, he proceeded to dismantle Nery in the most brutally yet surgically efficient fashion. Inoue put too much undoe pressure on himself leading up to this bout because a lot was being made about Nery and the possibility of him pulling off a Buster Douglas. This is why I hate when promoters build up an event to the point of absurdity and make lofty predictions, thus putting pressure on the favorite to perform at ultra super hero levels just to please the crowd. We saw it With Evander Holyfield against late replacement Bert Cooper who caught an over anxious Holyfield looking to impress his hometown Atlanta crowd. Holyfield almost saw a loss in the making if not for his friend and referee Mills Lane intervening and buying him time. In Inoue case however the Japanese marvel recouped quickly and made all the right adjustments and proceeded to never let Nery back into the bout in violently beautiful fashion. The monster has impeccable technique and that is a large part of his success. I hope from here on he doesn't get caught up in the hype of Arums bs blathering and just stay focused like he always does and take NO ONE For granted and continue to stamp his lege into the history books. As for Mexican fans I need to say this. Please stop this nationalist rhetoric. Its ANNOYING. Because Nery lost some of you are already trying to deflect and say that Inoue ducked Chocolito. The FACTS are that Inoue made the offer and Gonzalez did not take it. He then got his skin handed to him in a subsequent bout. So please stick with the facts and not your narratives motivated by this frigging annoying border line r@cist/ Nationalistic nonsense. And for Bud Crawford fans, it's ok to like your " guy" but this over the top adulation is pathetic and embarrassingly silly. Bud was DROPPED by Mean machine even if the incompetence of the referee didn't make it official. And yes Crawfords resume is not exactly littered with in prime Hall of Famers either. He is only now in this discussion because at 36 years of age he and Spence FINALLY decided to fight before both would need adult diapers and walking sticks. And no matter how you try to spin it , BUD FOUGHT A CLEARLY DIMINISHED Spence. Enroll was inactive for close to a year, obviously not the same fighter he was prior to the accident and was definitely deteriorating by the time he fought Ugas. Erroll was slow, very hittable and one dimensional against Ugas. His reflexes were clearly off, then after Ugas he was inactive and dealing with an eye injury. Bud has a more complete tool box than Spence yes but Spence made that fight a LOT EASIER for Crawford thanks to his obvious decline. Had Ugas jabbed and utilized feints and smart lateral pivots, he likely would have defeated Spence first. I would suggest people learn how to put these things in PERSPECTIVE rather than get caught up in this annoying fanboy emotional investment phenomenon that's going on these days. Inoue has been consistent from day one and unlike Crawford, has shown he can be in a legitimately tough fight ( The Filipino Flash) survive a broken eye socket and still fight on and Win. Crawford hasn't been in that situation yet. He's good, really good and I admire Crawford but he is still human and age can be a determining factor as well. How will Bud react when the opponent doesn't cooperate and puts it back on him twice as hard?? Right now I have Inoue at the number one position strictly because of what he's done at 4 weight classes and the fact that he proved he can overcome real adversity when it counts.

good lord
                image.png

Comment

I’ll watch throughout the day, have meetings all day and just updated my ESPN. So it’s looking like I get my boxing fix

Comment

Inoue did what he was supposed to do, 6 years after Yamanaka was supposed to do it. Also, Inoue should thank Figueroa for softening Nery up. If the fight happened in Mexico, then the revenge would have meaning. Something other than a home town mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      Inoue did what he was supposed to do, 6 years after Yamanaka was supposed to do it. Also, Inoue should thank Figueroa for softening Nery up. If the fight happened in Mexico, then the revenge would have meaning. Something other than a home town mismatch.
                      Heck, NERY would've definitely not have accepted a fight in Mexico.
                      Poopdick Poopdick likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X