Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson To See Out Top Rank Deal In Newark Against Harutyunyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson To See Out Top Rank Deal In Newark Against Harutyunyan

Shakur Stevenson will see out his existing deal with Top Rank when he fights Artem Harutyunyan on July 6 at the Prudential Center in Newark.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They couldn’t get him Haney, nor Loma, nor Navarrette, so he’ll probably not sign an extension!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      They couldn’t get him Haney, nor Loma, nor Navarrette, so he’ll probably not sign an extension!
      They've got a tough decision to make, ideally they would be able to go Loma-Kambosos winner vs Navarette (if he beats Berinchyk) and the winner could take on Shakur for a three-belt unification, but the IBF are quite strict with mandatories so one of them will have to face Zepeda at some point. Personally I'd go Loma-Kambosos vs Shakur next, then let Shakur defend the IBF against Zepeda, and then if still around make Shakur-Nava.

Comment

They got him De Los Santos and he stunk whole Vegas. He made the entertainment capital a boring place.

Comment

lol nobody want him
          real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

PBC time. Lets Go!!!

Comment

He might pull a Crawford and extend. Some of these gifted boxers don’t want to step up because they look much greater vs nobodies. Crawford didn’t get the big names under TR, then he leaves when the welterweights were all past their best and damaged goods.

I can see Stevenson doing this. Call out the big names while knowingly fighting under a promoter who does nothing but in-house fights and rarely does big fights with other promoters, all while beating unknown fighters and making easy money. Then leave TR after everyone fights each other and are close to retirement while he’s still fresh because of an easy run of opponents that provided little to no competition to him.

Comment

Good. Arum keeps making bullshit fights like this instead of the Loma fight.

He did same thing instead of giving him Valdez.

Shakur would be an absolute star if Arum did what was right instead of protecting guys.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

They got him De Los Santos and he stunk whole Vegas. He made the entertainment capital a boring place.
                  De Los Santos was like the #7 choice, after they couldn't get him Pitbull, Zepeda, and Frank Martin! Part of it is that Shakur is very good, so guys are swerving him, but if Top Rank made the right offer, maybe he could've gotten a deal? Either way, they haven't been able to get him good fights, IN-HOUSE, so I think he goes! His whole, "I'm gonna retire" thing was because he believes the winner of Loma vs. Kambo, fights the winner of Navarrete vs. Berinchyk!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

He might pull a Crawford and extend. Some of these gifted boxers don’t want to step up because they look much greater vs nobodies. Crawford didn’t get the big names under TR, then he leaves when the welterweights were all past their best and damaged goods.

I can see Stevenson doing this. Call out the big names while knowingly fighting under a promoter who does nothing but in-house fights and rarely does big fights with other promoters, all while beating unknown fighters and making easy money. Then leave TR after everyone fights each other and are close to retirement while he’s still fresh because of an easy run of opponents that provided little to no competition to him.
                    I think Bud is in his ear, telling him to leave Top Rank! Shakur sees the kind of money Bud is getting now! You think he don't want some of that? J-Prince and Andre Ward will get him the Tank fight!

Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X