Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At 168, how would you rate Munguia's performance compared to Canelo's other opponents.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regge View Post

This idiot names 4 complete nobodies and 1 unproven up n Comer. Only real good one on that list is Benavidez.
    Am I the idiot? Mungia is beneath all those 4 fighters. What now? You take a beating from canelo and that make an elite fighter like ryder? No wait, like Mathew Hatton. He won the lottery that's all. He's on berlanga's level who ginger is going to fight in September. You groupies are too in love.

Comment

Better than Smith, Plant, Ryder, Billy Joe, GGG 3, pretty clearly.

Comment

munguia did well early on but his lack of experience was just too much for him to overcome canelo.... i was not really impress with canelo's performance either.. it's been the same for years now. canelo is not an elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

At least he can compensate with his chin, punch output and punching power. Could have a puncher's chance against most excluding Benavidez or Morrell. Possibly with a Bazinyan, Mbili and Berlanga/Bektemir. Also with Middleweights like Adames and Janibek if they move up.
          Munguía perfectly can win a fight against morrel, stop ..

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Am I the idiot? Mungia is beneath all those 4 fighters. What now? You take a beating from canelo and that make an elite fighter like ryder? No wait, like Mathew Hatton. He won the lottery that's all. He's on berlanga's level who ginger is going to fight in September. You groupies are too in love.
            This jerk Is the same that said Robeisy would school Inoue ..
            a cuban hater

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              B-. Matured into his body, carried up a bit more power than during his MW days. Wasn't afraid of getting cracked. Jabbed relatively well. The knock on him is still the same - Munguia's defense is terrible. It was used to be atrocious, now it's just terrible. He got hit clean several times each round. His chin will eventually crack and he'll turn into a gatekeeper in ~5 years.
              Consider this - (even if we assume that Compubox is flawed) Canelo landed 44% of his shots on Munguia, 230 total. Canelo landed 27% (130 total) on 40 year Golovkin.
              Munguia's defense is BAD with a capital B.
              Very unfair point

Canelo landed the 40% of His power shots against GGG.

Munguía defense Is bad, but not like you said.

Munguía likes to move a lot aoytnd the ring, he Is not that stationary.
              ​​​​
              He Is a live dog against any other 168.

AND he landed big shots but canelo chin Is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post
                Well I am not going to lie, yesterday's bout was pretty entertaining compared to Canelo's previous four bouts and while I still think Canelo's declining being beatable by the likes of Benavidez.

He demonstrated he still can compete at the top level with his boxing skills, punching power and improved cardio that was diminishing after the Bivol bout.

Munguia put his best performance winning 4-5 winning rounds max and mostly lost in quite competitive rounds in the latter half. Freddy Roach made several improvements in two camps in terms of physical conditioning, polishing what he does well and working on covering his faults.

Compared to Erik Morales's training during his run at Middleweight.

How would he fair against the likes of Billy Joe Saunders, Callum Smith and Caleb Plant?
                Was rooting for him to win and he indeed came to fight, i thought the fight was closer than the cards showed but Canelo clearly won. But Munguia was in there every round, and not a single round where he was washed completely.

so for fans saying he was schooled, nah that wasn’t schooling.

Comment

I do think that Canelo carried him a little bit, munguia was wide open when he threw punches in bunches , it resulted in the first knock down. I think Canelo could have set him up one more time like that.

Comment

Munguia had what looked like a decent game plan. But as soon as he was getting hurt (still would regard him as having a decent chin though), but as soon as he was being caught all over the place he reverted to type and started swinging. Could see him resetting every now and then but could never make it last.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

His defence was only bad compared because he was more agressive than the rest
                      No sir. I'm not gonna argue this. There are a ton of threads and interviews that talk about how bad Munguia's defense is. I have yet to see anyone argue his defense is good - because it's not.

And he was not "more aggressive than the rest". Since I mentioned it, Munguia threw 660 punches. Golovkin threw 700+ in 1st fight and almost 900 in the 2nd, and still didn't come close to being hit by 40%+ of Canelo's shots - and that version of Canelo was better than this lazyass we have seen last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X