Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At 168, how would you rate Munguia's performance compared to Canelo's other opponents.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 168, how would you rate Munguia's performance compared to Canelo's other opponents.

Well I am not going to lie, yesterday's bout was pretty entertaining compared to Canelo's previous four bouts and while I still think Canelo's declining being beatable by the likes of Benavidez.

He demonstrated he still can compete at the top level with his boxing skills, punching power and improved cardio that was diminishing after the Bivol bout.

Munguia put his best performance winning 4-5 winning rounds max and mostly lost in quite competitive rounds in the latter half. Freddy Roach made several improvements in two camps in terms of physical conditioning, polishing what he does well and working on covering his faults.

Compared to Erik Morales's training during his run at Middleweight.

How would he fair against the likes of Billy Joe Saunders, Callum Smith and Caleb Plant?
    Last edited by Feroz; 05-05-2024, 05:45 PM.
    Smash Smash likes this.

He came to fight, unlike many of the others. And can't fault his toughness. Skill level though... He's not top tier, that's for sure. But I'd watch him again. He's not generally in boring fights.
    garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
      He came to fight, unlike many of the others. And can't fault his toughness. Skill level though... He's not top tier, that's for sure. But I'd watch him again. He's not generally in boring fights.
      At least he can compensate with his chin, punch output and punching power. Could have a puncher's chance against most excluding Benavidez or Morrell. Possibly with a Bazinyan, Mbili and Berlanga/Bektemir. Also with Middleweights like Adames and Janibek if they move up.
      Last edited by Feroz; 05-05-2024, 05:50 PM.
      crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

B-. Matured into his body, carried up a bit more power than during his MW days. Wasn't afraid of getting cracked. Jabbed relatively well. The knock on him is still the same - Munguia's defense is terrible. It was used to be atrocious, now it's just terrible. He got hit clean several times each round. His chin will eventually crack and he'll turn into a gatekeeper in ~5 years.
        Consider this - (even if we assume that Compubox is flawed) Canelo landed 44% of his shots on Munguia, 230 total. Canelo landed 27% (130 total) on 40 year Golovkin.
        Munguia's defense is BAD with a capital B.
        garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post
          Well I am not going to lie, yesterday's bout was pretty entertaining compared to Canelo's previous four bouts and while I still think Canelo's declining being beatable by the likes of Benavidez.

He demonstrated he still can compete at the top level with his boxing skills, punching power and improved cardio that was diminishing after the Bivol bout.

Munguia put his best performance winning 4-5 winning rounds max and mostly lost in quite competitive rounds in the latter half. Freddy Roach made several improvements in two camps in terms of physical conditioning, polishing what he does well and working on covering his faults.

Compared to Erik Morales's training during his run at Middleweight.

How would he fair against the likes of Billy Joe Saunders, Callum Smith and Caleb Plant?
          Why not look up, benavidez, Morrell Jr, Shinskin, mbilli, Scull, Iglesias.

Comment

He showed really great footwork and a great jab. And he brought out the best in Canelo IMO. Canelo’s stamina issues don’t show at all and his opponent brought that out in him.

Comment

I think Munguia performed good enough.

He sure showed an elite level chin.
              Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                B-. Matured into his body, carried up a bit more power than during his MW days. Wasn't afraid of getting cracked. Jabbed relatively well. The knock on him is still the same - Munguia's defense is terrible. It was used to be atrocious, now it's just terrible. He got hit clean several times each round. His chin will eventually crack and he'll turn into a gatekeeper in ~5 years.
                Consider this - (even if we assume that Compubox is flawed) Canelo landed 44% of his shots on Munguia, 230 total. Canelo landed 27% (130 total) on 40 year Golovkin.
                Munguia's defense is BAD with a capital B.
                His defence was only bad compared because he was more agressive than the rest
                Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

I think he did the best since bivol and GGG 1 Munguia impressed showed, heart, chin, power, volume and good combination punching.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Why not look up, benavidez, Morrell Jr, Shinskin, mbilli, Scull, Iglesias.
                    This idiot names 4 complete nobodies and 1 unproven up n Comer. Only real good one on that list is Benavidez.

Comment

Working...
                    X