Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Takes Convincing Decision Over Jaime Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
    Was Benavidez mentioned in the post fight ? It was too loud where I was at.
    yes... canelo shy away from the question and the crowd started booing then canelo came back and was like "if the money is right i'll fight him".

Comment

• Stylistically Benavidez and Munguia are very similar fighters 'Benavidez may be the slightly better fighter, but not by miles'.

The Benavidez fight is straight up Alvarez's street 'Historically Alvarez has always fought well against fighters with that specific style'.

If a fighter's entire game is to directly confront Canelo Alvarez head on 'Then it is crucial that they have a elite level offense and defense on attack'.

Munguia and Benavidez are agressive solid fighters, but skill for skill their offense and defense on attack 'Does not have the level of sophistication, of Canelo Alvarez's inside game'.

That is why I have continually stated that 'Benavidez has the ability to make the fight extremely competitive, but up against a Canelo Alvarez in solid form? Benavidez would most likely struggle to win rounds consistently in a very similar fashion to Munguia'.

Note: I have compared Benavidez vs Alvarez to 'Kelly Pavlik vs Bernard Hopkins'. On a surface level Pavlik appeared to be potentially extremely brutal fight for Hopkins, but for people who understand boxing beyond a surface level? They were aware that stylistically Kelly Pavlik was straight up Bernard Hopkin's street 'Especially if Hopkins was in solid form'.

David Benavidez vs Canelo Alvarez 'The match up in terms of universal perception at this current time, is very similar to Kelly Pavlik vs Bernard Hopkins 'The fight does appears to be a monumental challenge for Canelo Alvarez on a surface level, but beyond a surface level? A Canelo Alvarez in solid form, in my opinion has the ability to beat David Benavidez in good fashion in a competitive fight' etc.

garfios
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-06-2024, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Good fight but TURRIBLE undercard for $100!

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post

I agree with you about his resume, looks like ginger resume before he fought the face of boxing 10 years ago, he got the opportunity, but he is not been willing to do what it was given to him. Now imagine that old Mosley and Cotto didn't give him the opportunity and Floyd has said "Who he has fought"? Where he would be now? Common, it is not about resume, fear of losing his position and that's all. You can't refute what is happening now, and what has happened in the past.
          Not about resume

How convenient

"Nelo just fought a bum."

All negative comments are aimed at Nelo for some "unbiased" and very logical reason.

Benny doesn't deserve anything
          Nelo will fight him when if he wants to.
          Nelo made his own way

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Not about resume

How convenient

"Nelo just fought a bum."

All negative comments are aimed at Nelo for some "unbiased" and very logical reason.

Benny doesn't deserve anything
            Nelo will fight him when if he wants to.
            Nelo made his own way
            I don't consider munguia a bum, and did mentioned "resume" ,but he wasn't fighting one of the top two in the division. He chose a guy we all knew 100% he would beat. Again stop with the deflections and awnser the question, if not don't bother replying to me again because it will be a waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

yes... canelo shy away from the question and the crowd started booing then canelo came back and was like "if the money is right i'll fight him".
              So sad. So so so sad.

hopefully Benavidez can build himself up to where even Canelo’s family pressure him into the fight.

Mfer said he would fight Canelo for the MINIMUM and he still turned it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post

I don't consider munguia a bum, and did mentioned "resume" ,but he wasn't fighting one of the top two in the division. He chose a guy we all knew 100% he would beat. Again stop with the deflections and awnser the question, if not don't bother replying to me again because it will be a waste of time.
                Munguia's resume +/- Benny's
                We all knew 1000000% BooBoo stood no chance

Not one complaint much less a thread about it

People expect more from Nelo
                Everyone else get lifetime passes :fing2:

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Munguia's resume +/- Benny's
                  We all knew 1000000% BooBoo stood no chance

Not one complaint much less a thread about it

People expect more from Nelo
                  Everyone else get lifetime passes :fing2:
                  Don't be hypocrite and answer the question. Fid canelo received the opportunity with a ****ty resume or not? Did floyd say "who he has fought"? Did floyd asked for an absurd amount of money? Just answer the question, it's simple, yes or no.

Comment

Working...
                  X