Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zhang is eating himself out of contention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm taking Wilder here. Zhang turning into Ruiz.

Comment

You should not have a 50 pound variation in weight, i dont care if its a 40 year old heavyweight, hes still supposedly an active heavyweight.

Its nearly impossble to do any roadwork without ***ing up his knees at that weight. so now he has no stamina.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

I think Wilder could hurt him , Zhangs only been hit by one big puncher cleanly and he got knocked down by Hrgovic even if it wasn’t counted , Joyce is a thudding slow puncher ,Wilders got speed but physically at his weight he’s at a disadvantage if Zhang decides to hold excessive. I think it’s another Breazeale fight whoever lands clean first I think most likely wins ? I really don’t think it’s going past mid rounds either way I think Wilders weight is actually more important here ppl will say he can move better lighter but that won’t be the issue it’ll be more about being physically strong enough that he won’t get ragged dolled in there , 225/230 pounds is a big difference from hovering at 215 for a 6”7 guy , Wilder imop needs to train for a 6 rounder and just go fir it because I think he’s in trouble if it gets out into the later rounds ,he doesn’t have the punch output to tire Zhang out .
        That's a very interesting perspective j. I always learn from looking at things differently you make some points here strategy wise. In fact if Wilder did train for six rounder I think that's a really a great idea. You could literally make it so that even if it goes past six you making it so that you can exert a full amount per the rounds. Kind of like the sprinter who instead of doing a mile does four quarter mile sprints and then puts them together.

The holding. This could be a big factor it makes a lot of sense. Wilder really has to be able to keep his distance. It's the whole axis for his approach. He's just not that big physically. I don't know if extra weight would help him, but it certainly possible and you raised a very important point because this will become important during the fight. It's obviously what Jang is considering.

I agree with you about who lands first. This is not going to be a Forman in Lyle affair lol.
        juggernaut666 juggernaut666 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
          You should not have a 50 pound variation in weight, i dont care if its a 40 year old heavyweight, hes still supposedly an active heavyweight.

Its nearly impossble to do any roadwork without ***ing up his knees at that weight. so now he has no stamina.
          You know what's funny? Most people don't know what it's like to be 300 lb and have muscle, not only fat. How hard it is to move. When I got hit by a vehicle and have my knee surgery and couldn't move I got up to just over 300.

Bringing things back down when I could move again, I've got to tell you it's hard to move comfortably at that weight Even with strong muscles and bones. I guess that's why I'm always skeptical when I see all these heavyweights coming in so damn big.

I know there are certain advantages but having experienced what I did I'm just skeptical. Then again this hit me when I was past 50 so maybe younger guys it's not so bad.

Comment

Wilder has no footwork and has gotten beaten up by southpaws before the right hand. Zhang has power and I can see him knocking out Wilder.

Comment

It is obvious: he prefers to rely on weight because Wilder will most probably be as light as he was in his entire career. Add that to his legs and then imagine him (around 100 kg.) against approximately 135 kg. Zhang. I think this is a poor decision of Zhang because, unlike Wilder, his cardio sucks and he can still be dangerous and outweigh him at 120-125 kg. Something is freaking in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

great goal for a guy who’s only dangerous for 6 rounds and then becomes a stationary target.
                Not to mention the extra weight is also going to slow him down (hand speed and foot speed).

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Ridiculous justification for a guy ruining his health and ruining his career. Really ******. I have an open mind but this is ridiculous!

For the amount of extra power one might get was a little extra weight, the amount of mobility sacrificed is far greater. Why does the Chinese fighter believe this will increase his power? Even that is a strange contention.

Wilder at his best comes prancing across the ring does not get into a physical situation.

Really silly thinking here.
                  Zhang is just using this as a reason to gorge himself like an undisciplined fat-ass.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yikes. Dude's gonna lumber around for 4 rounds then quit on his stool because he wont be able to move. If Wilder survives that long.

At the same time.. Zhang will be a stationary target for those 4 rounds. Can Wilder still throw a decent straight right? The smart game plan for him would be to outlast ZHang.. which is a near guaranteed win. But he may want to KO him instead, and risk getting KOd himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X