Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: More On Ryan Garcia After Another Crazy Week, Madrimov's Chances Against Crawford, Ortiz-Tszyu And Fury vs. Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to the editor for pointing out Inoue has been Vada tested and been clean .Ever since Fulton got spanked a certain segment of USA boxing keeps throwing shade on Inoue. It’s weak AF

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg

Did we get this same energy for any of the 100s of American fighters Bread has discussed? He's talked about Crawford's greatness every week for years without once saying anything like this about him. Bread is a smart guy and understands boxing as well as any current writer, but he has a blind spot with favouritism at times.
      I picked up on that too. It's just the typical mind-set.

I disagree about him being a great boxing mind as well. The amount of things he's got wrong has me disregarding his opinion.
      Poopdick Poopdick likes this.

Comment

people need to stop with the "cheat" label for Garcia missing weight. He offered to buy pounds at $500k per pound, and Haney was more than happy to sell them. Both sides were ok with it, end of story. No different than Floyd-JMM.

Now if Garcia's B-sample comes up dirty, then that "cheat" label is certainly appropriate........

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Maybe he has heard something that makes him suspect Inoue of PED use?
          Yeah, the slander from your way in claiming he doesn't do VADA testing when he does. But when do we see you not trying to discredit fighters? It's what you do and have done for many decades. You're one of those who does it too in the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Bread has had nothing but praise for Inoue in his past Mailbags. So it seems like a random comment for him to make just out of nowhere.

Maybe it’s the influence of the Ryan Garcia positive test being so fresh, he did reference this being an era of high PED use.

And to be fair there is nothing wrong with what he said really. As long as Inoue doesn’t test positive and keeps performing at this level then he deserves all the accolades.
            Bread has insinuated quite a few times in the past about Inoue. This isn't the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfall View Post
              Continued unnecessary weight damaged Spence as well. Hook fought like sht against Crawford. He even couldn't take a jab
              Hook? Do you mean Brook? Brook was badly shot and hadn't fought at 147 in years. Draining himself down completely corroded his ability to take a shot.

However, Brook won the 3 completed rounds before that. He looked better than Crawford did. But being that badly damaged, he wasn't going to continue having success.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                people need to stop with the "cheat" label for Garcia missing weight. He offered to buy pounds at $500k per pound, and Haney was more than happy to sell them. Both sides were ok with it, end of story. No different than Floyd-JMM.

Now if Garcia's B-sample comes up dirty, then that "cheat" label is certainly appropriate........
                Ryan made the bet knowing full well he wasn't going to make the weight. He thought giving Haney a bit more money would justify it in some way. But at the end of the day, he still weight cheated. I think it was premeditated. He couldn't bare to lose again and go back on social media knowing what would be said about him. He did what he thought he needed to win. Weight and PED's.

Just because someone goes through with the fight, it doesn't mean they're OK with it. They just don't want it to be a waste of time. They tell themselves they'll be alright. But it's got to play on the mind a bit.

Floyd fighting and beating a Lightweight in Marquez also meant nothing. It has no credibility for me. It shouldn't for everyone else too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Ryan made the bet knowing full well he wasn't going to make the weight. He thought giving Haney a bit more money would justify it in some way. But at the end of the day, he still weight cheated. I think it was premeditated. He couldn't bare to lose again and go back on social media knowing what would be said about him. He did what he thought he needed to win. Weight and PED's.

Just because someone goes through with the fight, it doesn't mean they're OK with it. They just don't want it to be a waste of time. They tell themselves they'll be alright. But it's got to play on the mind a bit.

Floyd fighting and beating a Lightweight in Marquez also meant nothing. It has no credibility for me. It shouldn't for everyone else too.
                  I didnt mention that as a "credibility" thing. I mentioned it because in that fight Floyd came in several pounds overweight, paid JMM extra money, and that was that. IMO, Floyd would have beaten him no matter what, but he DID come in over, and I dont remember people saying that if Floyd had actually made weight it would have been a different fight, or blah blah blah......
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 05-04-2024, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Some predictable comments on Naoya from Bread.G I really wonder why lol alotta professionals are shook by his success. It’s sad
                    As for Haney, gonna be hard wiping that beat down off the record

Comment

hmmm. I've never seen him say that if Boots Ennis Doesn't fail ped tests then he will become an all time great. he always talks like boots is gonna be atg without insinuating he on peds. getting turned off by this guy. I think racist vibes are bleeding through his comments on some occasions imo

Comment

Working...
                      X