No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Torrez Jr. Had Options, But Chose Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richard Torrez Jr. Had Options, But Chose Boxing

If the world made any sense, Richard Torrez Jr. wouldn't be anywhere near a boxing ring. Since the dawn of the sport, this sport has been the option for those without options, the place of refuge for those looking to escape to a better life. And if this dirty business is the better life, that just goes to show how bad things were. But here he is, the valedictorian of Mission Oak High School, about to make the walk for the 10th time as a professional on May 18 against another unbeaten heavyweight prospect in Brandon Moore.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A gifted specimen in the boxing world with an absolutely sweet stache. Rooting for this kid more than any heavyweight in the last ten years, give or take.
    lefthook2daliva lefthook2daliva likes this.

Comment

He's certainly fun to watch. Let's see how far he gets. Props 4 the 70s cop mustache.

Comment

I'm excited to see how far he can go too! I read a while back that he took dance classes to improve his footwork. Smart kid.. and a lefty too.

Comment

Why not put him in with Anderson? They're both about on the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
            Why not put him in with Anderson? They're both about on the same level.
            Torrez would eat Anderson for lunch. I'd love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post

Torrez would eat Anderson for lunch. I'd love to see it.
              Based on what? Neither is a huge heavyweight. Neither has elite boxing ability.

Comment

Based on what? Neither is a huge heavyweight. Neither has elite boxing ability.
                Torrez' work rate alone would give Jared "retire by 27" Anderson a world of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post

Torrez' work rate alone would give Jared "retire by 27" Anderson a world of problems.
                  Possibly, but have we ever seen Torrez's chin tested? If Torrez is the cat's meow, why does Top Rank still have him on the can diet? And why did he only win silver instead of gold in 2021?

Comment

Possibly, but have we ever seen Torrez's chin tested? If Torrez is the cat's meow, why does Top Rank still have him on the can diet? And why did he only win silver instead of gold in 2021?
                    Why did Floyd Mayweather only win a Bronze?

Comment

Working...
                    X