Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tensions Blow Between De La Hoya and Canelo at Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar is being emotional and hypocritical talking like Canelo should've stayed with GBP just because they helped build him, considering Oscar had zero loyalty to the many managers, promoters or trainers he worked with.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post

Nah u thinkin of a manager.
      No, I'm thinking of a promoter because that's what I said.

Funnily enough, Eddie Hearn literally touches on this topic word for word from an IFLTV interview a few hours ago;

'YOU F***** IDIOT' - EDDIE HEARN RAGES! - GARCIA FAILED TESTS, TANK COMMENTS, CANELO, DE LA HOYA, AJ (youtube.com)

11:50-12:40

"You need to understand that these fighters are the bosses. You work for the fighter. But it's very difficult when you're a hall of famer and one of the biggest stars in the sport to acknowledge that you are merely a promoter. You a merely a bit-part player in a fighters career, you are not the boss, you're not the leader, you're on the team and you work for the fighter."

Pretty straight forward stuff. The idea that a fighter is employed by and works for a promoter is just absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        I dislike both of them, but salute to Oscar for standing on business and giving that spoiled brat a reality check. Canelo is very ungrateful. Oscar and Golden Boy promotions paved the way for Canelo’s Superstardom whether he wants to admit it or not, Oscar used to put this kid on a pedestal as if he couldn’t do no wrong and now he’s acting like his ****s don’t stink. I hope Bivol or Benavidez Jr make him eat some humble pie soon.
        Absolutely! I don't think he'll fight Bivol again or Benavidez at all unless Bivol is 40+ or Benavidez agrees to drink a 26er before the fight.

Comment

H
          Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Oscar is being emotional and hypocritical talking like Canelo should've stayed with GBP just because they helped build him, considering Oscar had zero loyalty to the many managers, promoters or trainers he worked with.
          I don't think you get the point though. Regardless of what you think of Oscar's comments, he's clearly trying to get in Canelo's head and anger him enough that even a small amount of frustration comes through during the fight. He knows Jaime is a big underdog and he's looking to irritate Canelo as much as possible in the build up to produce even the slight chance that Canelo will go away from his game plan during the fight.

Comment

Just saw the exchange. Fishnets was hot. He tried to stay professional but Canelo pissed him off.

Comment

Working...
            X