Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School of Thought: Crawford Moving Up Makes Sense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School of Thought: Crawford Moving Up Makes Sense

It makes a lot of sense for Terence Crawford to move up to 154 pounds to challenge WBA champion Israil Madrimov.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-28-2024, 03:06 PM.
    lefthook2daliva lefthook2daliva likes this.

Tszyu vs Ortiz is INSANE awesome. I struggle to see Tim not getting handed his second loss

Comment

Ahhh nothings better than a gatekeeper giving us his boxing insight…He should be suspended from doing so after that Haney vs. Garcia prediction he gave us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
        Tszyu vs Ortiz is INSANE awesome. I struggle to see Tim not getting handed his second loss
        It's a great matchup. Ortiz has genuinley heavy hands, but I think Tim's timing will stand him in good stead, and although I like Ortiz, there have to be questions about his ring rust. He's had two quickfire knockouts since coming back from his health issues, and looked dangerous, but you can only judge so much on so few rounds of action.
        lefthook2daliva lefthook2daliva likes this.

Comment

Chris is very smart. If I was on Crawford's team 154 max.

Comment

The only 2 issues I have with him moving up, 1. He needs to give up those belts at 147 and 2. The easy route he’s taking. He’s a legend an all time great and he is fighting a guy with 11 fights to get a belt in a 4th division. This is beneath him in my opinion. He could have fought Boots, then in that time the 154 division would have cleared up and he could have got the big fights in the division.

Comment

Only fight for Crawford to take @ 147 is boots yet several things. 1. Boots needs legit names at least 2 before a showdown say Thurman then the winner of Eimantas vs Boots yet by that time Crawford will be a full 154 a Charlo showdown makes zero sense to move back down if anything the smart move would be to move up to 160 take Lara belt then move back to 154 just to say you were a 5 division champ if defend @ 160 Danny Garcia or GGG unretired are the feasible options with the Spence rematch so dude got no excuses

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloDerek View Post
                The only 2 issues I have with him moving up, 1. He needs to give up those belts at 147 and 2. The easy route he’s taking. He’s a legend an all time great and he is fighting a guy with 11 fights to get a belt in a 4th division. This is beneath him in my opinion. He could have fought Boots, then in that time the 154 division would have cleared up and he could have got the big fights in the division.
                It's a great fight.
                We may speculate that Crawford can fight @154,
                but until he does,
                It's all just speculation.
                Let's let him fight,
                then the bigger matches will come if he wins.
                Charlo using his champ in recess status
                ​​​​​​The Ortiz-Tszyu winner will be his mandatory.
                Ennis could still move up as well.
                But for now,
                let's let fighters fight.
                ​​​​​​
                ​​

Comment

Originally posted by DerekD View Post
                  Ahhh nothings better than a gatekeeper giving us his boxing insight…He should be suspended from doing so after that Haney vs. Garcia prediction he gave us.
                  ...you're right! I think your opinion (some random dude on a forum) is more valid than the assessment of a former pro boxer/kick boxer!

So what he was wrong? Literally the majority of pros and analysts were proved wrong. In the case of Garcia-Haney, there's a reason why there was doubt about Garcia. Algieri's opinions and knowledge will always be more valid than 99% of the idiots on this forum, including mine.

You're a nobody.

Comment

After this Crowley fight, there's no reason for Boots to stay @ 147! All the action is at 154: Crawford, Spence, Ortiz Jr., Charlo, Fundora, Tszyu, and Zayas!

Comment

Working...
                    X