Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eric Gomez: Golden Boy Has Been in Talks for Show Against Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eric Gomez: Golden Boy Has Been in Talks for Show Against Top Rank

The boxing world has been put on notice by the 5 vs. 5 card that will see five Matchroom Boxing fighters versus Queensberry Promotions fighters on June 1 in Saudi Arabia. Turki Alalshikh challenged promoters Eddie Hearn (Matchroom Boxing) and Frank Warren (Queensberry Promotions) to pit fighters against each other from their respective stable and the idea has gone over well with fans. The card will feature high-profile fights such as Deontay Wilder versus Zhilei Zhang and Raymond Ford versus Nick Ball. Good fights that weren't being made because of political lines that were not being crossed - or in reality the money wasn't there for two promoters to work together.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-28-2024, 06:16 AM.

Turki is the one that reignited and encouraged other promoters to start doing this again. Not that only in-house fights crap.

Comment

Would rather see Top Rank/PBC or Top Rank/DAZN (matchroom & GB) But this still has a few potentially good fights.

Mbilli/Bek 168
      Ryan/Teo 140
      Shakur/Zepeda 135

These three would be fantastic. But with the full DAZN roster, you open up an Inoue/MJ main event.

Comment

those fights that were mentioned actually happens, that would be exciting

Comment

Since Zepeda swerved Shakur, yet again, I doubt we'll see this happen! I think Shakur's next fight with Top Rank, will be his last fight with Top Rank! Teo vs. KingRy is still a possibility, because I think a 145 catch-weight would be good for both fighters, and the money would be crazy!!!

Comment

Outstanding, I love it. Hopefully it’s a big event on ESPN for the American sports fan to see

Comment

Great if it happens. I feel like TR are the best at picking talent and GBP are the worst though so this could be 5-0 domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Since Zepeda swerved Shakur, yet again, I doubt we'll see this happen! I think Shakur's next fight with Top Rank, will be his last fight with Top Rank! Teo vs. KingRy is still a possibility, because I think a 145 catch-weight would be good for both fighters, and the money would be crazy!!!
                Shakur's last fight was his last fight on the Top Rank contract, and if he was smart he would re sign again.

Nobody watched that fight against EDLS and thought "Yeah this kid is exciting. I'm gonna pay him a lot"

Comment

They could put on a damn good card.

Teofimo vs Ryan
                  Lomachenko vs Zepeda
                  Xander Zayas vs Vergil Ortiz
                  Keyshawn Davis vs Floyd Schofield
                  Mbilli vs Munguia

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    They could put on a damn good card.

Teofimo vs Ryan
                    Lomachenko vs Zepeda
                    Xander Zayas vs Vergil Ortiz
                    Keyshawn Davis vs Floyd Schofield
                    Mbilli vs Munguia
                    I think Mbilli/Bek would be more fun TBH. Plus, Munguia is about 9 days out from being KO'd

Comment

Working...
                    X