Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: L.A. Story: Oscar De La Hoya Pushes Back on Eddie Hearn's Aug. 3 Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar are you okay? Haha. This a mutha fkn world party in California. Didn't think anyone would hate on this.

Comment

Eddie Hearn saved boxing thank you sir!

Comment

Everyone have that "friend" that always tries to start something when he/she is out, and puts everyone else in a place they have to deal with the fall out of his/her ******ity? Why is it every time De La Hoya opens his mouth, he reminds me of that?

Comment

Oscar for sure has a man crush on Eddie he's on almost all of his insta posts with something to say begging for attention like some kind of megafan very strange guy.

Given his level of success in boxing you'd think he would be past the need for attention and validation...

Comment

I like Oscar, was a great, exciting fighter, one of the best pound for pound, of his era.

But probably shouldn't say these things telling another promoter, from outside of the USA, not to promote in America.

Having said that, it does seem, in the years that Dazn has been in boxing, that they've lost a lot of money. Eddie is trying though, seems to work hard for his company and the fighters at Matchroom.

Comment

Let's be honest, if any other promoter was given the war chest that Eddie got from Dazn and they pissed it away, they will probably be out of boxing by now. Its not just Oscar that said it, Arum said same, Ellerbe said same as well. That said if this Saudi guy can trust him with another war chest and we are seeing the fights we yearn for, then you hear no complaints from me. It does beg the question how Eddie Hearn who presumably doesn't have a fighter on this card but yet he is playing the lead promoter of the event? That's some gangster stuff and probably where Oscar's beef is coming from.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

One of his stars Vergil Ortiz Jr is in that card. What am I missing?
                I thought this is what Hoya has been looking for.

Comment

They make a lovely couple ...both clowns!

Comment

We have too many guys here with female tendencies suckin off Hearn but I get its the brits who got butthurt off Oscar's comments.

Meanwhile Hearn can't win he's cursed all his top guys get whooped next is boots watch.

Yet Oscar has made two cash cows Canelo and now Ryan and next is Vergil.
                    Last edited by Regge; 04-27-2024, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Eddie Hearn is kind of stepping on on Oscar De La Hoyas' toes, but Hearn is a promoter, and is promoting fights where he can.
                      Eddie has pissed away a lot of DAZN's money, and another promoter would've been out of boxing for it.
                      Apparently Hearn can talk his way out of being **** canned, and talk his way into promoting for the biggest power brokers in boxing.
                      Eddie has also put on some of the biggest boxing matches in the sport, but this 5 on 5 card isn't the biggest fight card ever made in boxing.
                      Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X