Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Says Terence Crawford Is Nearing 'Greatest Ever' Tier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes 36 and only fighting once a year now. LMFAO with this best ever talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

So your saying because he beat all lower level fighters than Floyd Manny Oscar etc beat so that he is automatically better, you don't see the the fanism in that?

TC resume is very weak compared the greats of other eras, nobody is knocking TC just being real about the resumes of other greats being better, there is no argument to that.
      Explain to me which STARS you expect TC to beat in his Era? Manny ducked him, all the PBC ducked him, who the hell was he supposed to beat?

He challenged Errol 5 years prior, he currently Challenge Charla, called out Canelo. It's his fault no one was to fight him?

Last edited by boxingitis; 04-25-2024, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Belts don't mean as much as they used to. Ppl are chasing titles of ppl they consider to be the weakest link. But its a business, so I get it.
        Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Who the hell are you talking about? Kell Brook? Khan? Both past prime left overs from other fighters? That is what you are bragging about? Crawford has names on his resume but not very good ones. List all the prime elites he has beaten.
          Huh? You have my thoughts mixed up. I agree with exactly what you just said. Maybe read my original quote for more details. What you read was a response to someone else. What you just said about Crawford is exactly what I’m saying. You’re one person I agree with on this. You just misread the conversation. All good!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

I already mention the names Floyd fought. He fought them at the right time.
            De La Hoya Old past prime, Drugged,
            Marquez cheated him on the Scale coming from 135
            Mosley Old
            Manny Old worned out by several trilogies, after having wars with Barrera, Morales, Maruqez almost killed
            Canelo drained and not elite at the time
            Gatti was old and worned out

He just has names on his resume at their worst. People think Floyd Lost to Castillo and Maidana ( there not even elite names), Crawford has never had a controversial victories. He even had Maidana change gloves and have Kenny Payless have unlimte hugs without points being deducted.
            Ok I see that you said that you have said that elsewhere. Let me start by first saying that YOU brought up Mayweather specifically. Not me. I just made a small list of all time fighters that will be remembered highly (I included Mayweather). And I added that Crawford won’t even be grouped with those elite fighters in 10 or 15 years.

Now as far as Mayweather…. I’d MUCH rather be credited for wins against Pac, Corrales, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya, Canelo, Zab, Gatti, etc……. than I would want my resume to have Spence, Indongo, Horn, Crolla, Khan, Brook, Porter, Postol.

i mean just look at the list!!!!!! Why are we even having this conversation?! It’s like comparing my 2020 Audi R8 to your 1999 Audi A4 just because you like it more. Haha. Come on man. Say the names out loud. I’m not going to even waste time discussing this if you respond and don’t agree. A blind man could see. I assume you just don’t like Floyd. I’m neutral on Floyd and Crawford really.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Spence had 3 belts, including the IBF belt that Ennis was mandatory for. That's the belt he held the longest, but he only defended against a mandatory one time in 4 years. Ennis had 5 months of being mandatory for Spence but didn't petition for his shot until Bud v Spence was agreed. Then after Bud won, he waited to petition for his shot v Bud until Spence activated the rematch clause.

Once Spence activated that rematch clause, Bud was legally prevented from taking any other fight until the clause expired. That was all known before the fight even happened. Same thing would have happened to Spence if he'd won. Same thing will happen to the winner of Fury v Usyk. That's the issue with rematch clauses. They legally prevent a fighter from taking any other fight while they're active.
              Buddy
              You're wasting your time explaining Title fights to LAchargers373 he doesn't know shh about boxing
              Think about it...
              How could any boxing fan watching the Spence vs Crawford Title fight think that Bud had all the Titles
              Lol Smh
              This LAchargers373 just hates Bud Crawford
              He said Bud has no boxing skills No chin & Spence would KO him quickly
              We all saw what really happened

Comment

Promoter didn’t even trust him enough to take the title himself from the Great Pacquiao.
                LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Explain to me which STARS you expect TC to beat in his Era? Manny ducked him, all the PBC ducked him, who the hell was he supposed to beat?

He challenged Errol 5 years prior, he currently Challenge Charla, called out Canelo. It's his fault no one was to fight him?
                  As I said at the start its a weak era, which kinda handcuffs what TC can do, but I judge on whats real rather than what might be, you want to dismiss that he hasn't fought a single elite HOF guy and then claim him one of the greatest ever, do you realize how many impressive guys that gets said about and then they meet a real challenge and lose, happens a lot, TC appears to be great but he hasn't fought a great guy to see, Spence is the best-rated guy he has fought, in my mind Spence is not Cottos level.
                  Last edited by Roadblock; 04-26-2024, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

i dont think thats true at all. people now dont say berbick and leon spinks are great because they beat hall of famer ali. same concept just done over a longer period of time for floyd. great wins over great prime opponents? none found. and thats the way he wanted it.
                    Agree. A more accurate opinion is possible if one is able to look back using context and detail. For those who can't do that, theirs are poor opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Spence had 3 belts, including the IBF belt that Ennis was mandatory for. That's the belt he held the longest, but he only defended against a mandatory one time in 4 years. Ennis had 5 months of being mandatory for Spence but didn't petition for his shot until Bud v Spence was agreed. Then after Bud won, he waited to petition for his shot v Bud until Spence activated the rematch clause.

Once Spence activated that rematch clause, Bud was legally prevented from taking any other fight until the clause expired. That was all known before the fight even happened. Same thing would have happened to Spence if he'd won. Same thing will happen to the winner of Fury v Usyk. That's the issue with rematch clauses. They legally prevent a fighter from taking any other fight while they're active.
                      No I meant after the bud fight spence ain’t have any belts. Buds fighting Madrimov now. Another eurobum. 2 out his last 3 fights are against eurobums. But he claims he doesn’t want to fight ennis because he’s not a big fight? He only wants to be in big fights right? How do avensyan and Madrimov meet that criteria? Lmao. It is what it is. Anyone who thinks bud isn’t on borrowed time is deluding themselves if he fights canelo/ennis/Ortiz anytime soon he’ll get his ass kicked I’ll bet anyone on this site money on that lol

Comment

Working...
                      X