Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Says Terence Crawford Is Nearing 'Greatest Ever' Tier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smash View Post

he beat indiggidongo as well
    Lmao!!!!!!
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

One of you said it best….. As fans were dying to talk about “All time great”, every time the win blows. I understand Crawford is a hot topic right now. But there’s so much that we’re all forgetting about. The man couldn’t even draw interest from the boxing world to sell big fights, and because of that, had promotional issues. Being an all time great doesn’t REQUIRE popularity and ticket sales, but I think it’s obvious to everyone that it should at least be part of the evaluation for an all time great. And Crawford had his FIRST big ticket sales type of fight with Spence. ONE fight.

Second, if he becomes undisputed, in a third division, oh my goodness he’ll be the only fighter to ever do that. Kudos. But who cares? Fighting weak ass Indongo to do it at 140 was laughable. Not only that, regarding judging a fighter by belts and undisputed and unified and all that crap…… isn’t Broner one of only like fifteen fighters to be champion in the 3 or 4 divisions that he won belts? Isn’t Mikey Garcia one of only like five fighters to win titles in the 4 or so divisions he won in? Do we think those guys are all time greats? Of course not. WHO you beat, and WHEN you beat then is what’s important. Not belts and accomplishments. At least when it comes to thinking about all time greats.

Third, it’s so easy to talk about how great a fighter is when it’s current. What we saw yesterday can stand out more than what we saw 10 or 20 years ago. We are WAAAY overrating Crawford at this moment. He has respect in boxing circles I’m sure. But no one was even close to calling him an all time great before the Spence fight was ever made. So how can one fight change that? All time greats earn their status by fighting (and beating) other all time greats.

i feel like Crawfords career (at least up to this point what he’s accomplished) will age really poorly. 10 years after retirement, we’ll look back back when discussing all time great status then, and we won’t evaluate him the same way some are now. He won’t be looked at better than any of the 4 kings, not Floyd, not Jones Jr, Tito, or even a De La Hoya. He’s just a hot name right now. His stock will fade, long term. I’m tellin ya

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

I mean everyone criticizes canelo for doing the same against harder competition in heavier divisions lol. Bud missed DSG and mikey garcia at 135/140 Josh Taylor and Regis at 140 back when Taylor was good lol.now skipping out on ennis lol. Imagine if like tito trinidad skipped Vargas and mayorga like cmon man. The old adage is “it’s easy to win a title but hard to keep it”. Bud knows this well. If he takes out Vergil Ortiz at 154 I’ll say he’s an ATG. Other than that 154 is just as big a joke as 147 atm
        I don’t criticize him for that.

Missing them has context. Bud was the young dangerous unknown, they were big names that avoided him, not the other way around.

He had to take the tougher road by beating all the non earners. Like now he isn’t skipping out on ennis, he’s going up to 154 to unify another division. Could he fight Ennis, yeah but he did destroy the legit WW champ.

Man Ortiz isn’t even the best in the division. If defeats charlo Or Tszyu and unifies 154 you gotta give that man the credit he earned.
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I don’t criticize him for that.

Missing them has context. Bud was the young dangerous unknown, they were big names that avoided him, not the other way around.

He had to take the tougher road by beating all the non earners. Like now he isn’t skipping out on ennis, he’s going up to 154 to unify another division. Could he fight Ennis, yeah but he did destroy the legit WW champ.

Man Ortiz isn’t even the best in the division. If defeats charlo Or Tszyu and unifies 154 you gotta give that man the credit he earned.
          I dunno bro. I find bud to be a hypocrite. Cried no one was giving him a shot for years when that was far from the truth. He was getting 7 figure paydays for beating up peg leg benevidez and Jillian andongo and he had no problem with that. Now he won’t give ennis a shot just like he denied Taylor. Vergil is the best at 154 just wait and see.. that kid a machine. Regardless tho bud has to fight some of the young lions if he ever wants to be considered an ATG. All kings fight off challenges for the throne that’s what makes them kings. Bud has yet to do that

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

he skipped Taylor at 140 when Taylor was still good. At 135 he fought gamboa and dipped no loma or mikey garcia. Him and DSG fully ducked each other at top rank just look at around 2015/2014 there absolutely no reason that fight shouldn’t have been made. 147 he clearly does not want to fight Jaron ennis. Now moving up to fight israil adensanya at 154 (who?) like foh man. I’ll bet anyone on this site money if he gets in the ring with Vergil Ortiz he’ll get knocked out
            Taylor wasn't even on the radar at 140 that's just crazy.
            he couldn't make 135 anymore so he dipped. he woulda whooped garcia honestly. Garcia didnt want gamboa so thats why he bacame inactive and left top rank
            booty ennis is trash

Israil is a hell of alot better than email ennis bro ifk what your on about

Comment

It would be quite a feat to go 3X undisputed without facing a single Hall of Fame fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
                One of you said it best….. As fans were dying to talk about “All time great”, every time the win blows. I understand Crawford is a hot topic right now. But there’s so much that we’re all forgetting about. The man couldn’t even draw interest from the boxing world to sell big fights, and because of that, had promotional issues. Being an all time great doesn’t REQUIRE popularity and ticket sales, but I think it’s obvious to everyone that it should at least be part of the evaluation for an all time great. And Crawford had his FIRST big ticket sales type of fight with Spence. ONE fight.

Second, if he becomes undisputed, in a third division, oh my goodness he’ll be the only fighter to ever do that. Kudos. But who cares? Fighting weak ass Indongo to do it at 140 was laughable. Not only that, regarding judging a fighter by belts and undisputed and unified and all that crap…… isn’t Broner one of only like fifteen fighters to be champion in the 3 or 4 divisions that he won belts? Isn’t Mikey Garcia one of only like five fighters to win titles in the 4 or so divisions he won in? Do we think those guys are all time greats? Of course not. WHO you beat, and WHEN you beat then is what’s important. Not belts and accomplishments. At least when it comes to thinking about all time greats.

Third, it’s so easy to talk about how great a fighter is when it’s current. What we saw yesterday can stand out more than what we saw 10 or 20 years ago. We are WAAAY overrating Crawford at this moment. He has respect in boxing circles I’m sure. But no one was even close to calling him an all time great before the Spence fight was ever made. So how can one fight change that? All time greats earn their status by fighting (and beating) other all time greats.

i feel like Crawfords career (at least up to this point what he’s accomplished) will age really poorly. 10 years after retirement, we’ll look back back when discussing all time great status then, and we won’t evaluate him the same way some are now. He won’t be looked at better than any of the 4 kings, not Floyd, not Jones Jr, Tito, or even a De La Hoya. He’s just a hot name right now. His stock will fade, long term. I’m tellin ya
                Which fighter that Floyd beat when Floyd beat them would beat TC?
                Last edited by boxingitis; 04-24-2024, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Perhaps. Perhaps not. But you never fought the fights and in the current era it's hardly likely that you will. We will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Which fighter that Floyd beat when Floyd beat them would beat TC?
                    Oscar at 154 at the time he fought Floyd would’ve given Crawford hell. That same old Shane Mosley that Floyd fought was still quicker than anyone Crawford has fought at WW. Young Canelo beats the brakes off Crawford. Crawford is not Floyd, he may have more KOs and punching power than Floyd, but overall, he’s not on Floyd’s level in terms of systematically controlling a fight.

Time will tell, we may never know because there aren’t a lot of HOF type of boxers on Crawford’s resume. He will go down as the best of his era with the way things are panning out, but he’ll probably be the only 2x undisputed and soon to be 3x undisputed boxer to probably have fought 1 or 2 HOF level boxers in his entire career, not much quality to be honest.

Comment

Mads GGG.
                      who is Julius Indigo Roberto Duran

Comment

Working...
                      X