Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: In Wake Of Garcia-Haney, A 10-Pack Of Thoughts On The 10-Stone Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
    Garcia's speed, power and self belief make him dangerous to anyone. He ain't fighting Tank again because Tank won't fight him without rehydration clauses and whatever else he has to do.

I assume we will see him fight Haney again, and Haney will fight a stinker and run to try and get the UD. It won't be at 140. Haney has been killing himself making weights for years and it is taking a toll on him. I think he has to move up to 147 and Garcia is already there. As far as Garcia missing weight, the dude paid Haney 1.5 mill as a penalty. And Haney looked good in the ring, he obviously hydrated and there was no size disparity between the two. The whole "did three pounds make Ryan this huge monster puncher" **** is hilarious, as both he and Haney hydrated and came in around 147-150. They were equal in terms of weight and neither were 140.

I mean maybr we should go to day of fight weigh ins and force guys to fight at their actual weight, rather than having so many fighters use techniques to drain themselves of all water in order to make the scale weight? Yet another silly ass part of the sport that will never change. But I know, it is just "part of the game".

Anyway. Garcia isn't fighting at 140 anymore. Move up and take on the WW.

Haney is likely done at the upper levels. He was always mostly hype. At 147 he doesn't have the power to compete with the big hitters. And we all saw his chin Saturday. Yikes.
    As a boxing fan I would just love for Devin Haney and Ryan Garcia to run it back. It was a surprisingly entertaining, exciting and crowd pleasing fight.
    IAMTHAT IAMTHAT real raw real raw like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      He just signed to Eddie Hearn, so he should be getting what he wants, or why did he sign? Can't wait to see how he looks on June 15th!
      Eddie Hearn isn't going to waste anytime in matching him up against the best available opponent who'll agree to fight Charles 'Bad News' Conwell.
      Their are levels in this sport, that's why Abreu has multiple losses on his record, and Conwell is undefeated.
      Just because Jarron Ennis stopped Abreu in 7 rounds, and Conwell won a close majority decision against him.
      You have to take into consideration that Conwell suffered a cut over his eye due to an accidental headbutt in the very first round which hampered his effectiveness.
      I'm not saying that Conwell beats Ennis, or vise versa. What I am saying is that I would love to see them both go at it, to see who is the better fighter.

Comment

No doubt the 10 stone division is stacked but chin high isn't one of them, he's even calling out Tank for a rematch at 144.

I do enjoy Garcias & Tanks fu to the belts, no fee's equals mo monay! Did the wbc take a cut at the weekend with no belt on the line?

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

I agree with everyone but Teofimo and Regis. Regis is similar in size, style and power but he's fought much better opposition and Teofimo on a good night puts Matias down multiple times. That said, I'd watch Matias fight anyone because he's a monster warrior but that's just my oppinion.
          I agree with some of your statement, but Matias has way more power than Regis, and although Teofimo has beaten more established fighters he also has gotten some questionable wins handed to him.
          There are no questionable decisions on Matias' record, only impressive knockout wins against undefeated fighters.
          If you enter the ring/crucible with Matias, your in for a battle of attrition that even Anayan who beat Matias on points had to go to the hospital after that fight.
          In their rematch, Matias really put a savage beating on Ananyan who was brave enough to enter the ring against him a second time, and had to go to the hospital yet again.
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

It's definitely not the most fascinating division in boxing, as Ryan Garcia diidn't fight at that weight and doesn't look he can fight at that weight any longer. Welterweight makes the most sense for him, because (a) he's a welterweight and (b) it's a much more glamorous division than junior welterweight.

I half fancied Garcia's chances for this fight, just because of his speed and power and because we had seen Haney jelly-legged before, though I must admit I started to fancy his chances less and less as the build up continued (which was just awful and moronic, every minute of it).

I still don't really know what to think of Garcia. His mental state appears shaky regardless of the win. His discipline is questionable. And for all his star power, I find him totally uncharismatic. It's like listening to a child who's drunk too much Mountain Dew and gone hyper. Everything he says is repetitive and often accompanied by silly noises.
            Last edited by Monty Fisto; 04-23-2024, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I agree with some of your statement, but Matias has way more power than Regis, and although Teofimo has beaten more established fighters he also has gotten some questionable wins handed to him.
              There are no questionable decisions on Matias' record, only impressive knockout wins against undefeated fighters.
              If you enter the ring/crucible with Matias, your in for a battle of attrition that even Anayan who beat Matias on points had to go to the hospital after that fight.
              In their rematch, Matias really put a savage beating on Ananyan who was brave enough to enter the ring against him a second time, and had to go to the hospital yet again.
              Petros Ananyan is easy to hit, he's tough but slow, and like Matias he has good but doesn't possess great power. These are two similar, wear you down guys, Matias might be slightly faster and a little better inside but like Anayan, Matias is predictable.

Nobody wants to fight Matias because win or lose you leave something in the ring and there is no money to be made. I can easily include Regis in that same group but he has far more experience with top fighters and I'd favor Teofimo to beat eveyone at 140lbs. ​​

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                As a boxing fan I would just love for Devin Haney and Ryan Garcia to run it back. It was a surprisingly entertaining, exciting and crowd pleasing fight.
                A more cautious Haney beats Ryan in the next fight. A better prepared Ryan may beat Haney in the next fight. I would love to see a rematch.
                champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

How past it Rances “sleep-inducing “ Barthelemy…with his awful ugly as far from exciting as can possibly be style keeps getting any kind of significant ppv or tv fight of any kind(main event or undercard) is mind-boggling! He must have compromising nude photos of someone at the top in boxing. Was not a draw or entertaining even in his prime!

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Petros Ananyan is easy to hit, he's tough but slow, and like Matias he has good but doesn't possess great power. These are two similar, wear you down guys, Matias might be slightly faster and a little better inside but like Anayan, Matias is predictable.

Nobody wants to fight Matias because win or lose you leave something in the ring and there is no money to be made. I can easily include Regis in that same group but he has far more experience with top fighters and I'd favor Teofimo to beat eveyone at 140lbs. ​​

If Matias hadn't caused the death of one of his opponents, and not sought self medication by smoking marijuana, and not accepted a fight with a welterweight.
                    He might not have lost that fight against the heavier Anayan, but to Matias' credit he didn't speak about those things, he didn't make ant excuses.
                    He just fought one tough undefeated fighter after another, really destroyed Ananyan in their rematch, and won a title in the processes.
                    If he beats Paro, who's another tough undefeated fighter, Eddie Hearn will start matching him up with the other champions, and I hope that Teofimo is next.
                    That fight in Madison Square Garden will make a killing at the box office, and Matias will become a household name after that mega unification match up.
                    I've seen Teofimo's face bruised, and battered after a few fights, Matias will bust him up all to pieces for another corner stoppage of his opponent.
                    Regis might get seriously hurt in a fight against Matias, he's not as predictable as some may think. Just when his opponents think they have him ready to go, they won't come out for another round of pure pain.
                    Teofimo has had a couple of controversial wins against Martin, and Ortiz, don't forget that light punching Kambosos dropped him, and disfigured his face.
                    Teo even stated in ring center that he didn't want a rematch, with the fighter who had just dethroned him, and taken his undefeated record.
                    What fighter worth his salt does that? A fighter who's had the confidence knocked right out of them, that's who.
                    Regis Prograis almost got knocked out by Danielito Zorrilla, who had him holding on for dear life, Regis even tackled him to the canvas to gain some time to recuperate.
                    With all due respect factsarenice, those two fighters Teo, and Reg, aren't what they used to be, and those are the facts that I based my comments on.
                    I really hope that both of those fights are made, because i'd like to see them due to the fact that I believe that they'd bring out the best of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Eddie Hearn isn't going to waste anytime in matching him up against the best available opponent who'll agree to fight Charles 'Bad News' Conwell.
                      Their are levels in this sport, that's why Abreu has multiple losses on his record, and Conwell is undefeated.
                      Just because Jarron Ennis stopped Abreu in 7 rounds, and Conwell won a close majority decision against him.
                      You have to take into consideration that Conwell suffered a cut over his eye due to an accidental headbutt in the very first round which hampered his effectiveness.
                      I'm not saying that Conwell beats Ennis, or vise versa. What I am saying is that I would love to see them both go at it, to see who is the better fighter.
                      Are we talking about Matias, or Conwell? I was saying that Matias should be happy with his money, since he recently signed with Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                      X